The war between robots and humans have started

1685468168032.png

Although her motive is currently unclear, the hospital staff believe she is suffering from mental illness.

I always wonder, if we want something / someone to be intelligent and self aware, do we have the responsibility to protect it from harm? If so then can we send it to do dangerous job? Can we treat it like a mine detecting dog or canary in the coal mine?

Reactions: Pew
Anybody that's dealt with the droids in telephone Customer Service can certainly sympathize with her.

I always wonder, if we want something / someone to be intelligent and self aware, do we have the responsibility to protect it from harm? If so then can we send it to do dangerous job? Can we treat it like a mine detecting dog or canary in the coal mine?

Knowing humans, we'll probably treat it like slaves. We already do with actual humans.

During my Kroger days, I saw an old man hit a card reader because he couldn’t see it. I could definitely see this happening here.

I don’t mind the idea, but I can’t see it being a 100% replacement either. It needs to be user friendly. Older people likely won’t use it and I can’t say I blame them.

We should but we won't.

It's not hiding at all. It's just that the front end is commercial companies and as free market advocates, we don't mind.
We've been conditioned for this since Knight Rider.

Then there's "Im afraid I can't let you do that, Hal..."

As to AI in general.. well perhaps not full AI but I prefer self-checkout to a lane. Most neurodivergent and that means sometimes antisocial/mean people (I am neurodivergent and that is valid) probably agree. There is still a human attendant. E-Z Pass is also easier for taking your money . It is when we have cameras everywhere that can give speeding tickets for 71 in a 70 with unlimited resources and enforcement mechanisms of such massive ticketing[/i] that someone will have to ask, "OK, who is the idiot that thought making machines smarter than humans was a good idea." We are past Gary Kasparov playing chess against Big Blue; there was one computer he could beat and one he couldn't, since there is an eventuality that a computer can know every single possible move from the beginning to the start of the game and that's it.... you know about mid-way where the game is going but.. yeah, machines serve us, not us them.

The future really is being fought with 1s and 0s and this is probably a bigger threat than nuclear, hydrogen, or atomic bombs.

It’s written in stone that in the next five years 10 tops, any of you who pull up to drive up fast food, restaurants will only be interacting with artificial intelligence to place your orders.
It’s already complete, done deal, now it’s just a matter of the transformation and time that is needed.

It’s written in stone that in the next five years, any of you who pull up to drive up fast food, restaurants will only be interacting with artificial intelligence to place your orders
That might be better than the non-intelligent beings that we deal with now.

Back