The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTV diva's racial slurBy Fiona Connolly

THIS Californian babe just might have copped her last look at Sydney's Opera House after the reality TV star launched a racist attack on a Sydney McDonald's employee over her McFlurry order.

The 19-year-old star of the MTV hit show The Real World: Sydney, filmed late last year, has infuriated the Asian Australian community and been panned by US audiences after a recent episode showed her demanding an Asian cashier at the Bondi McDonald's "learn English".

"I'm like, well I'd take the f....n' Crunchie one but I don't know what it tastes like because you wouldn't give me a sample," Trisha Cummings said.

"I'm like, you know what, keep the money, maybe take some English lessons - I'm leaving cause you don't know how to speak English," she said.

ummm, that is a RACIAL slur how???

If Im going in to a store, I expect service on my terms, at least within reason. Someone speaking my language is certainly an expectation, not because Im entitled by virtue of being there, but by virtue of being a PAYING CUSTOMER. In the old days, the customer was always right...

Its not a governmental issue, its a service issue. When im at the supermarket, and I ask a question to one of the workers, I stand and wait until they answer me. Often they like to pretend that they dont speak english, but with enough wait, they will try.

This girl is likely an idiot. THe fact that she is on MTV sort of confirms my thought, and the fact that she used "I'm like" to start off her sentences does confirm it.

Doesnt mean that she shouldnt expect proper service from a service company.

JMH

There's some real keerapp on television. Don't believe I'd waste my time watching this one. Prefer a good book, a BITOG argument, or watching the Cubs lose.

My dad had MTV/Cable when it first came out. I remember it had zero commericals, all videos. Those were the days....not sure why they still call it Mtv??

Show should be called The NOT so Real World.

Quote:

I remember it had zero commericals, all videos. Those were the days....

Exactly why I refuse to buy any cable at all... why should I PAY to watch commercials which PAY the TV company??? Doesnt seem to reduce the rates...

JMH

Quote:

My dad had MTV/Cable when it first came out. I remember it had zero commericals, all videos. Those were the days....not sure why they still call it Mtv??

Show should be called The NOT so Real World.

A.M. radio is mostly talk. Kids don't listen to talk radio. But yet, these same kids will watch a TV show on a music TV station that's all talk, no music.

Oh the irony.

Perhaps MTV should be renamed AMTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back