The New Fram Extra Guard (Orange Can)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BEETLE
It is now have the Silicon anti-drain valve and is good for Conventional & Synthetic Oil.
What surprises me: it can now go up to 10,000 miles OCI according to the video below:

Youtube: New Fram Tough Guard

I take it to mean it's good for factory intervals.. some of which are 10k.

Yes, there's a bit of overlap with the EG and TG. I personally think they could drop the TG line now.

So Fram Procurement cut a deal to only buy one ADBV and got the lowest bid. All materials are available in various grades. Good idea for them having multiple offerings.
For me, ADBV's hold or don't hold.
My ACD (OEM) are holding so not worried about them being nitrile or not.

Good video for those that aren't familiar with the current design of the EG filter. But to clarify, that video was posted just over a year ago now, so it really isn't anything that "new".

If your auto parts store still has any of the older design EG's in stock, you might want to consider shopping elsewhere.

** And to prevent any confusion for members - when I mention "EG", I'm referring to the FRAM Extra Guard oil filter**

Last edited:
Wow suitable for synthetic oil !

Never known that was an issue - since it isnt!
smile.gif

Plus "Full Synthetic OIl" isn't really synthetic in the U.S.

Then, there are no conventional PCMO ...

So thsi filter is not compatible with current oil technology!

I guess I will have to pass
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Originally Posted by BEETLE
It is now have the Silicon anti-drain valve and is good for Conventional & Synthetic Oil.
What surprises me: it can now go up to 10,000 miles OCI according to the video below:

Youtube: New Fram Tough Guard

I take it to mean it's good for factory intervals.. some of which are 10k.

Yes, there's a bit of overlap with the EG and TG. I personally think they could drop the TG line now.

The Tough guard seems a higher quality filter by its construction look. The leaf spring is a low point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back