The Narwal vac/ mop robot - pretty cool.

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
A vast improvement from my 1st and 2nd gen roomba and scuba cleaners.

First impression -

I have all harwood and tile floors forcing both vac and mopping.
A device that can do both with minimal effort is the holy grail of floor care.

Finally a robotic product that doenst make more work than it saves and is unobtrusive while being effective.
The vac finds stuff we miss, the fine dirt it gets you miss is impressively gross and Ive got a central vac unit that can suck a golf ball through garden hose. An old school vac sales guy would have a heyday with one of these showing a " look what you missed" container full of crap.

The unit is quiet, My roomba products really made a ton of racket - it was actually a huge reason I never kept investing. this this is really quiet you can absolutely work with it in the room while you are working. You never saw that in any of their ads.

Hangs up happen but they are within allowable limits and you can actually tune this thing and get repeatable 100% no stop multi hour runs with it.

I dont intentionally throw stupidly huge messes its way like youtube testers do because Id manually get 98% of that in seconds using the right tools - but look at it as floor maintenance with 95% less effort.

You do have to do some things, but that time savings is immense. In my house normally Im lucky enough that my Wife tackles these chores, but Ive done it plenty. Lets just say I'm enjoying the time It gives Mrs. Uncle Dave back from this chore.

It will be interesting to see how this works in the long run with parts and lifespans and to know what the real lifespan is - but if this keeps up I'll stay in this thing.

Last edited:
Good to hear.
I hope it works long term.

In this day and age, there is a lot of technology to improve our lives.
You have to have an open mind and be willing to improve.

Back