The Last of us

I was just kind of wondering if anybody else have been watching the series The Last of Us on HBO Max? I bought a PlayStation 3 specifically for that game and that it made an awesome Blu-ray player. Remembering that I beat the game when I go check my trophies it's like I know what's going to happen in the show

I played the game with my son more than eight years ago. Nowadays I just walk around the Tenderloin if I lust for adventure and bio hazards.

My teen son played the game and for the most part the movie is following the game. There may be a few things that are slightly different. The movie gets great reviews on IMDB. I’m not sure it deserves the 9.X score it has but it is good.

Being a Playstation exclusive, I've never played the game. Kind of unfortunate because I've heard nothing but good reviews and feedback about it.

The show has been very good though. Television and movies based on video games can be kind of hit or miss (usually miss). Zombie television and movies can be hit or miss too. Combine them and the odds maybe aren't so good, but they pulled it off.

I think the pacing is what does it really well and I credit Craig Mazin for that. With his last big HBO project, Chernobyl, being a mini-series, you don't have the luxury of multiple season to tell a story. You have a couple episodes to develop your characters, make the audience understand them, and tell their story.

Comparing The Last of Us to The Walking Dead, how long did Frank Darabont, Glen Mazzara, and Scott Gimple keep The Governor around? Two entire seasons. In The Last of Us, we have Kathleen for two episodes and then the show moves on. We learn enough to keep the characters interesting and live their story, but not so long that they become tedious.

The wife and I have been watching it. Unfortunately, I'm not really into the zombie thing as it is a tired old story. This show follows the same storyline as nearly all zombie shows and movies that came before. That of being in one place and needing/wanting to travel to some distant place (for what ever reason they can dream up)

The Mandalorian is pretty much the same character in this show as in the Star Wars show.

There was one episode that was utterly unnecessary, uninteresting, and pushing an agenda.

So far, I give it 2.5 stars. That's an honest rating, not one where 4 stars is bad and 4.5 is good.

The only gripe I have with my wife is she doesn’t like zombie movies/ shows, but somehow she likes this because it’s fungus and not a virus. It’s the same idea, story, amount of death and sadness, but whatever.

We both like it so far despite the wokenista add ins. I have a friend who’s stopped watching it for this reason.

I think my wife also likes the main character. We are huge Mandalorian fans as well. We did name our dog Mando too.

I think my wife also likes the main character. We are huge Mandalorian fans as well. We did name our dog Mando too.

I agree, I did not make my point clear about him in my post above. His character has an excellent balance of quiet confidence, capability, empathy and masculinity. He makes the show worth watching. The other aspect mentioned above is, for many of us, not worth watching. Quite simply, it's too much of it, all the time now.

The show is OK

Indeed the wife doesn't like zombie shows. At all.

The last episode was great and I was hoping those two brothers would join them, but that's not gonna be a thing.

I didn't like the focus and beating to death the love thing with the two dudes. Nothing wrong with that, but a whole show dude dropping his towel while other dude salivates? Men kissing is OK if you like men kissing, but in bed? I mean there's no hetero sex in the show, so why dwell on that?

Back