The Golden Gate from Marina

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following shots were taken along a ca 1.5 mile stretch at the north end of Crissy Field and from the Marina yesterday evening.

That's maybe 40 minutes before sunset.
DSCF5845a.jpg

That's maybe 20 minutes before sunset. I exposed fairly high-key to emphasize the haze. This give an impression of the size of the bridge. From this angle you cannot look out to see. Instead you can see the Marin Headlands, which are across the Golde Gate, behind the bridge.
DSCF5854s.jpg

A small lighthouse in the Marina. In the background you can see Alcatraz Island.
DSCF5863s.jpg

Between the Marina and Crissy Field stretches a long beach.
DSCF5887s.jpg

This is a nice spot for watching a sunset at the south end of the Marina. It's a place popular with tourists, locals, and couples.
DSCF5888s.jpg

The same spot, shot just from a different angle.
DSCF5892s.jpg

You can see how the deck of the bridge curves and rises. You are looking at the south tower.
DSCF5897a.jpg

Again, with the beach in the foreground. The surfers and kite surfers have left, but some fishermen are still hoping to get lucky.
DSCF5900a.jpg

The sky was practically on fire.
DSCF5901s.jpg

DSCF5911a.jpg

DSCF5916a.jpg

DSCF5919a.jpg

There are two ducks and an egret in the next two pictures.
DSCF5939a.jpg

The span between the two towers measures 4,200 feet. The towers are 746 feet tall.
DSCF5945a.jpg

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
But why isn't there a picture of you ?

Because I'm really Batman.
LOL.gif

Great photography, but they'd be better suited to BITOG if they were the background for photos of your Audi's engine bay with the valve covers removed!

I don't think they'll let me wrench in the scenic spots! I'd need a location permit, insurance, and crime scene tape or orange cones to keep nosy people out.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I don't think they'll let me wrench in the scenic spots! I'd need a location permit, insurance, and crime scene tape or orange cones to keep nosy people out.
grin2.gif

sounds like my bloody job!

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
These pictures give me a sense of serenity.
Serenity, good word. I was thinking similarly when I looked at the pics.

Great pictures. It gives you the relaxed end of the day feeling. The second to last pic shows the transition from day to night.

I've always wondered what those things that stand in the middle of the ocean in the 2nd pic. That lighthouse is interesting, made with stone. I'm not sure the lighthouse still lights up since I rarely pass by there in the evening.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
These pictures give me a sense of serenity. Also makes me want to live in San Francisco.

I agree very pretty scene...but nowhere near enough to make me want to live in Kalifornia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back