The Foot Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. Another poorly worded heading. Well, this is one of my non-authentic burritos (I don't especially care for authentic Mexican food).

because I am a very lazy chef, I make huge burritos. I throw a tortilla on my baking stone (I use that for bread, pizza, etc). I put some heated up canned chili (I refuse to stink up the joint by cooking my own chili) on the tortiall, add some hot cooked rice (I use brown basmati mixed with wild rice) and pan fried pork or chicken (pork shown). The meat is of course browned together with chopped onion (use herbs and spices -- I especially like pollo borracho). On top of the meat I throw some shredded cheese (mozarella shown, but other cheese works of course, too). I shove the whole thing under the broiler until the cheese has melted and the tortilla begins to bubble and to brown a little. Then I remove the tortilla and place it on another tortilla, so that they overlap (not shown). I throw some shredded salad on top and top off with a little sour cream. Next, I roll the whole thing up and stick again under the broiler, maybe for 40 seconds, until the tortilla browns a little.

burrito1.jpg

burrito3.jpg

Just use lettuce instead of a tortilla if you are so worried about your love handles.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back