The cat...He's baaaaack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Today, when I got back home, the neighbor's cat cornered me, and began slinking around my feet, mewling like crazy. I had an immediate panic attack. I'm not sure how I made it inside without the cat forcing its way in. Cats will be my downfall.

hotwheels

Did one bite/severely scratch/attack you when you were very young?

Not that I know of. However, when I was a little kid I had a recurring dream that our black cat was sitting on my chest and that I coudn''t breathe. I always woke up from this dream and the cat was never there, or maybe I have repressed an unbearable memory. That dream is still vivid in my memory even now. I'd rather be stark naked, painted with fresh blood and tied to a stake, facing a pack of hungry wolves than let even a three week old kitten near me.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: CrawfishTails
Man, I really like it when everybody just talks about oil.

I apologize most sincerely that we do talk about things other than oil in the General and Off Topic Forum.

hotwheels

This topic reminded me of a short I saw once:

http://youtu.be/oW9f04Dctz4

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Today, when I got back home, the neighbor's cat cornered me, and began slinking around my feet, mewling like crazy. I had an immediate panic attack. I'm not sure how I made it inside without the cat forcing its way in. Cats will be my downfall.

hotwheels

Did one bite/severely scratch/attack you when you were very young?

Not that I know of. However, when I was a little kid I had a recurring dream that our black cat was sitting on my chest and that I coudn''t breathe. I always woke up from this dream and the cat was never there, or maybe I have repressed an unbearable memory. That dream is still vivid in my memory even now. I'd rather be stark naked, painted with fresh blood and tied to a stake, facing a pack of hungry wolves than let even a three week old kitten near me.

hotwheels

OK, got it.

Yes, that can be even MORE traumatic than actually being physically attacked by a real one, when you are a young kid, and when the dream is scary enough, you do NOT forget it.
frown.gif

A main coon cat might as well be a dog. Those things are monsters!

I know a lady who walks one on a leash.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Cats disgust me.

I much prefer dogs. They at least listen.

My 3 cats each come by name when you call them.

Originally Posted By: Brons2

Cats disgust me.

I grew up with cats,not to mention the hundred or so veral ones where I spent summers,so I'm very familiar with them however it's the litter box that grosses me out.
My dog won't defecate in my/his yard. He waits for his walk and seems to like pooping on this one neighbours yard that I've had some issues with.
My cats knew their names too,but they wouldn't sit,fetch,speak or "rip"

Cats disgust me.

I grew up with cats,not to mention the hundred or so veral ones where I spent summers,so I'm very familiar with them however it's the litter box that grosses me out.
My dog won't defecate in my/his yard. He waits for his walk and seems to like pooping on this one neighbours yard that I've had some issues with.

He poops in your neighbors yard? Do you at least clean it up?

Originally Posted By: JDW
Cats = Munchies for our dogs
wink.gif
LOL

My dog catches and killed a few cats that were using the garden as a litter box. He's fast enough to catch them then breaks their necks and rips them to pieces.
I followed a blood trail and found cat parts.
I hurriedly cleaned them before the kids saw. I'd hate for them to know that he's killed the cats their friends have been looking for.
Better they believe the cats ran away

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

Cats disgust me.

He poops in your neighbors yard? Do you at least clean it up?

Of course I clean it up. Last thing I need is this guy calling the cops for more stuff.
Our first fight was because I was on his lawn picking up turds,he saw me and came out screaming.
I've thought about leaving them but karma knows me very well,so I'm not giving her any ammo

Interesting she called the police. Locally, pedestrians are "entitled" to so many feet of yard off the side walk IIRC. It is more or less considered public property. Depending on where you were, you had every right to do what you were doing especially if you clean up after the dog.

We have a lake house neighbor who lets his dog play fetch in our back yard. He throws the ball across and down the street right towards the house which conveniently is the path we take to get to the pier. He seems to do a great job cleaning up after her when we are there, but somehow the yard is full of landmines the following weekend. Its always nice stepping in poop when you don't have a dog. Lol.

We have a neighbor down the street (different dog) who shovels the poop back into the dog owners yard. He has talked to them a few times throughout the summer and nothing has been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back