My Cat – he has a cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Cat – he has a cold

He was born a poor striped cat. Mrs. Pablo calls him “the Runt”. The kids named him “Winston” Picked out at the shelter purely for his very cool wild tiger stripes and markings. Pretty much untamable and as wild a beast as you would let loose in the house. He simply can’t hold a candle to our 20 year old cats that up and croaked on us. Hate that when it happens.

Never has he been outdoors, but the runt gets ear mites. Back for some more meds. Good luck installing the drops. He’s just over a year old, so probably not the best for eating anymore.

So now he gets this respiratory illness. Pretty sure it’s not SARS. He sneezed on my bare foot. Yuck. The little roach looks miserable with a head cold. I hope it slows him down. Sucker needs some cat naps.

Anyway – any of you medical experts know how a cat that never sees other cats gets a cold? From humans? Can he give this cold to us? Am I going to die?

I'm not a cat expert, but, when I was a kid we certainly had a lot of cats. I remember us having in excess of 20. We had a couple of barns and we would rather have cats than rats. Off hand I don't recall any of them having colds.

I have had cats for many years and never had one with a cold. He might have a infection or could be allergic to something. Food etc. And if you use a swiffer he's a goner. Chemicals in the swiffer are the equalivent to antifreeze to pets.

Probably got reinfected with something from the time he was in that crazy lady's house. Respiratory infections are the norm.

my female kitty has had colds before. I wonder if they catch them from their humans? Cleo often gives me looks of such hauteur, that I'm sure she is wondering how she ever got stuck with such low grade humans

"I'm sure she is wondering how she ever got stuck with such low grade humans"

Maybe a cat would think this, but, never a dog.

I have a cat. He had a "cold", but it was actually the Mites doing the problems. Mites can do alot of damage.

cats can get a cold. and no, cat phlegm is not on my list of favorite things.

our cat from the pound had "ear mites". however, he was allergic to the food being feed to him causing a secondary infection in his ears. the itching would also cause him to bite his feet until they were raw. some medication to clear up the infections and a change in his diet was necessary to bring this under control. it took a bit of time to find a protein source that didnt bother him.

Yeah, your ________ may have caught a cold.
crackmeup.gif

Check your cat's throat for little blisters where humans have tonsils. if you see any blisters your puss got a cold. Humans can infect cats with the common cold. My Captain Kirk got a bad cold a few years ago. My vet gave him globulin, because a cold is a serious illness for a cat.

My cat gets colds although he's like 22 years old now. Totally def too. You can scream at him; won't hear a thing. But yeah, they get colds. And you likely will have to administer the antibiotics via eye dropper into his mouth. With such a wild sounding little bugger, HAVE FUN!! May want to wear welding mitts.

I had cats when I was little; they did get colds.

But they also sneezed a lot, because I used to put hairs in their nostrils and twirl them...I thought cat sneezes were cute. (I was only about 5-6 yrs old; hope I'm forgiven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back