The cat...He's baaaaack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Chris142

I doubt that cat escaped. He was probably rescued by it's owner.

I have big issues with cat owners that let their cats run free in our neighborhood. Wish I could capture all the excrement from them and splatter it all over the owner's homes.

I consider such cat owners illiterate and uncaring of their neighbors. Want a cat as a pet?...... keep it inside your home. Show your neighbors an ounce of respect.

I agree 100%. I like animals, but when cats and dogs are free to their business in other folks' yards, I have a problem. Its always nice stepping in dog poo especially when you don't have a dog.

We have a neighbor that collects all the poo and shovels it back into the neighbors yard. They have yet to get the hint.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
I have no time for feral cats with all the stink, noise and sickness that they carry. Have you ever seen some of the horrible infections they can give you from a bite? THey all get lead poisoning for some reason around here.

Never breed.

Originally Posted By: Al
They are almost impossible to domesticate. Even if you get them very young it takes forever to get them to act like a normal cat for some reason.

My two (one sleeping on the couch, one sleeping on my lap) never got that message.
smile.gif

A lot of feral cats can easily be made into pets. Ive done this several times. My aunt has many, many times.

Can you get close to him or does he run like a wild animal? If you can get within 5 feet without him running he is probably tame-able in my experience.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I would attempt to domesticate him into a shop cat. Keep in caged for a few months and as you feed him, he will grow more fond of you. Get him fixed too.

This is Rockford (from the Rockford Files.) I caught him in a live trap as a feral cat. He was so mean he would growl and would ram his face into the cage to either get out or come after me. For the first few weeks, his face was bloody, but he lighted up and turned into one of our best pets we ever had. He even let our male Newfoundland play with him. He passed away May 2012 sadly from a urinary tract infection.

286wdf.jpg

He looks almost exactly like my Siberian, Chekov.

They are almost impossible to domesticate. Even if you get them very young it takes forever to get them to act like a normal cat for some reason.

Took me a year once. Only because I fed her and she was friends with my housecat, whom she met when he was a stray. Once I got him inside I started leaving food for her outside my window, then eventually I would just let her inside and she would eat and play with my cat for a while before leaving. Here is a picture of them eating:

36260403e3f0f832f249909274adce8a.jpg

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

I think I'd also have trouble with tribbles, just like with cats.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have been feeding some ferel cats at work. We started getting complaints from other businesses. The cats get locked inside the shops and set the alarms off in the middle of the night. Other times they peed in a customers car etc.

I was told to get rid of them. I really hate to but I had no choice. These are not nice house cats.

I brought a trap to work. I got one of the males. He has an easily identifyable mark.

We took him to the pound. They told us he will get 3 days to calm down. After that he would be destroyed.

I was crying when we left him.

Tonight 3 weeks later I stopped by the shop to get something and figured I should put some food out for them.

Opened the back door and I was greeted by the cat we took to the pound!

My only guess is that he must have escaped when someone opened his cage.

Reading that I had a flashback to "Pet Sematary".

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx

Took me a year once. Only because I fed her and she was friends with my housecat, whom she met when he was a stray. Once I got him inside I started leaving food for her outside my window, then eventually I would just let her inside and she would eat and play with my cat for a while before leaving. Here is a picture of them eating:

36260403e3f0f832f249909274adce8a.jpg

We have a tortoise shell that looks identical to her. Might just be the photo, but she appears to have some excessive eye watering? Ours has the exact same thing. Shes the only one that seems to have it.

I believe cats are the best things in the world. I'm serious, cats are the best this world has to offer. They are the little slice of heaven on earth. God makes each and every little cat's spirit special. Each little cat has his or her own little spirit and they're all different with their own little personalities. I don't know how God finds the time to make all these little animal spirits, but He does. I wish more people liked and understood cats. They're just like little kids except they will never do anything wrong and they will never hurt your feelings. I very much look forward to the day when I get to see all the cats that I've lost over the years. I wish they could live forever, but they're mortals just like the rest of us. They're up there in heaven right now and they're perfectly healthy and happy because they're under God's care.
55.gif

Merkava_4 said:
I believe cats are the best things in the world. I'm serious, cats are the best this world has to offer. They are a little slice of heaven on earth. God makes each and every little cat's spirit special. Each little cat has his or her own little spirit and they're all different with their own little personalities. I don't know how God finds the time to make all these little animal spirits, but He does. I wish more people liked and understood cats. They're just like little kids accept they will never do anything wrong and they will never hurt your feelings. I very much look forward to the day when I get to see all the cats that I've lost over the years. I wish they could live forever, but they're mortals just like the rest of us. They're up there in heaven right now and they're perfectly happy and healthy because they're with God.
55.gif
[/qu

Cats disgust me.

I much prefer dogs. They at least listen.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

I think I'd also have trouble with tribbles, just like with cats.

hotwheels

Ha! True enough. (Though Chekov came with that name from his breeder. She meant Chekhov the Russian writer, rather than Ensign Chekov, I'm sure.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I believe cats are the best things in the world. I'm serious, cats are the best this world has to offer. They are the little slice of heaven on earth. God makes each and every little cat's spirit special. Each little cat has his or her own little spirit and they're all different with their own little personalities. I don't know how God finds the time to make all these little animal spirits, but He does. I wish more people liked and understood cats. They're just like little kids except they will never do anything wrong and they will never hurt your feelings. I very much look forward to the day when I get to see all the cats that I've lost over the years. I wish they could live forever, but they're mortals just like the rest of us. They're up there in heaven right now and they're perfectly healthy and happy because they're under God's care.
55.gif

Remember that "Rainbow Bridge" meme that's floating around the 'Net? I have a distinct feeling that when I get there, wherever "there" is, I'll have cats I've known trotting up to me, demanding food and attention, just as they did in life.

And Clevy, cats listen. They just don't care to respond sometimes, like humans.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Merkava_4 said:
I believe cats are the best things in the world. I'm serious, cats are the best this world has to offer. They are a little slice of heaven on earth. God makes each and every little cat's spirit special. Each little cat has his or her own little spirit and they're all different with their own little personalities. I don't know how God finds the time to make all these little animal spirits, but He does. I wish more people liked and understood cats. They're just like little kids accept they will never do anything wrong and they will never hurt your feelings. I very much look forward to the day when I get to see all the cats that I've lost over the years. I wish they could live forever, but they're mortals just like the rest of us. They're up there in heaven right now and they're perfectly happy and healthy because they're with God.
55.gif
[/qu

Cats disgust me.

I much prefer dogs. They at least listen.

Dogs only aim to please...which is why they listen they want you to be pleased ergo happy.

A cat neither cares or wants you to be happy unless it can be happy as well they it might care or not. It doesn't matter to cat because it is doing whatever it wants anyway. Sound familiar?

Lol. This is now a cat vs. dog debate thread.

Both are good pets do have.. Some have good personalities and some have not so good personalities.

Both breeds wont hesitate to take a nice dump on your living room carpet either. Keep that in mind.

^^^

LOL

Ya...the fact with the whole "dump" part is a dog will act sorry but not really know why just it something "wrong".

The cat knows exactly what it did, why, and how it affects you. He just doesn't give a flying hockey stick because it knows you will clean it up.

Dogs are loyal, happy, and sometimes insightful emotionally speaking as pets. Some are even smart.

Cats are all the above for all the wrong reasons. It has nothing to do with you, it never has & never will. You are a means to an end for them. They would kill you if they thought it would help them.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
Cats are all the above for all the wrong reasons. It has nothing to do with you, it never has & never will. You are a means to an end for them. They would kill you if they thought it would help them.

Should you die at home and if nobody finds you before your pet cat gets to you, there will not be an open casket funeral. On the other hand, your pet dog would rather starve to death next to you than consider you lunch.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Today, when I got back home, the neighbor's cat cornered me, and began slinking around my feet, mewling like crazy. I had an immediate panic attack. I'm not sure how I made it inside without the cat forcing its way in. Cats will be my downfall.

hotwheels

Did one bite/severely scratch/attack you when you were very young?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back