The Camry lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very good Capt....

I agree with the others and yourself... That your car was not totalled... I'm glad it wasn't though
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Delta
Glad you got your Camry back Adam! Looks like they did a good job!

Yeah, they dicked off for 1month and 6 days too!

The owner is a royal jerk and a "pound his chest" guy. I had to re wax it myself cause there were clumps of it here and there. Did that at CSOB/waste oil fired metal casting friends shop. Even he said "that fat old (censored) guy is so tight he'd make a buffalo nickel blush!"

The body shop "bidness" in the USA is scuzzy as can be, the only worse business than auto mechanical repair shops are body shops. If you find a competent one that does truly good work and doesn't rip you or the insurance company off it is like winning a billion dollar power ball lottery

Originally Posted by AC1DD
The body shop "bidness" in the USA is scuzzy as can be, the only worse business than auto mechanical repair shops are body shops. If you find a competent one that does truly good work and doesn't rip you or the insurance company off it is like winning a billion dollar power ball lottery

I agree. I've never seen acceptable bodywork. Every bodyshop job I've ever seen in person was totally haphazard and the shops always seem to be run by a bunch of grade school dropouts.

But your car 53' Stude looks great! They did an awesome job on it!

Originally Posted by Delta
Glad you got your Camry back Adam! Looks like they did a good job!

Yeah, looks great!!!

Glad you finally got it back. ðŸ‘

Yeah no doubt! ðŸ‘

Last edited:
Thanks guys. If I was smarter; would have taken the car to friends body shop as he is diligent and very honest and upfront. Been doing it for 28 years now

Thanks guys. If I was smarter; would have taken the car to friends body shop as he is diligent and very honest and upfront. Been doing it for 28 years now

I've always liked the front end on those 2010'ish Camry's. They looked "meaner" than say an '05 and the newer "hi tech", Autobot's look on today's Camry's. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that front end (yours) like the exact same front end Toyota ran on their NASCAR rigs during those years?? I seem to recall JGR racing running Toyota's with that front end back then.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

I agree. I've never seen acceptable bodywork. Every bodyshop job I've ever seen in person was totally haphazard and the shops always seem to be run by a bunch of grade school dropouts.

But your car 53' Stude looks great! They did an awesome job on it!
My family owned a collision repair shop from 1959-2005 starting with my great-grandfather, to my grandfather, to my father. All of them were absolutely incredible with their skills.

My dad still does collision repair, and while we no longer speak as of this last year, I do have to say, his skills are fantastic. He's a true craftsman with his work.

There's still skills out there, but I agree it's probably a lost art.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
26k on a TG is interesting. I'll be looking forward to it.

Me too. Looks like I'll be doing it possibly next week as Thursday to Saturday this week is looking pretty cold and some snow
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Marco620
Im happy it all worked out for you. I do like that body style of car from Toyota.

Thank You sir, I like the styling myself

^^ Yes, much better looking than earlier-generation Camrys, and later ones too. My mother bought one new. My sister-in-law has it now.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
26k on a TG is interesting. I'll be looking forward to it.

Me too. Looks like I'll be doing it possibly next week as Thursday to Saturday this week is looking pretty cold and some snow
frown.gif

Yeah don't worry about it this week. Lol

Dlundblad: yeah it's a balmy 21F here today with a dry dusting of snow. Hopefully Sunday it does hit 54F as groundhog says
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back