The best blower

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew that would get your attention. Just opened up the ECHO PB 251 handheld blower I purchased at HD. Holy _rap !! The volume of air this busturd moves is incredible. It's only 145 mph, but the CFM at the head and end of the tube = the 200mph blowers. By far the best one I have ever used. Yours for only 159.95
Came with synthetic blend 2 stoke oil from Echo- I just used the mix I had with Mobil 2T

Yep, I have the vacuum/blower version. Love it and its really good on gas too.

JMH

You can't beat Echo or Stihl leaf blowers that's for sure. If my old Homelite ever dies, that's probably what I'll get.

Joel

I went through 2 Homelites in 4 years. They made this gutteral sound just before dying. They were from HD though, so must have been lower quality than what you have. Still have em to take apart and see what actually went wrong

I mail-ordered my Homelite blower through Harbor-Freight tools as a remanufactured unit about 9yrs ago. They must have 'remanufactured ' the heck out of it, because that sucker purrs like a kitten and I've done nothing but add pre-mix to it. The feature I like about it is, the exhaust exits into the blower housing, so the exhaust is blown out with the air stream. Very little stink and it's relatively quiet for a blower.

Joel

thaqt is what I liked about the Homelite exhaust as well. I'm a lefty, and most units are built so the exhaust would be exiting on my left leg-that is one reason I chose the Echo- it's exhaust comes out the center

Redmax 8001 hands down. Almost 1000cfm of air. CFM is what matters not the speed. The 8001 is the hardest blowing blower on the market today but its not cheap.

I can't remember when I bought my Homelite HB-180 but it still goes strong after all these years...!

It's been good to me, that is for sure.

Originally Posted By: steve20
I went through 2 Homelites in 4 years. They made this gutteral sound just before dying. They were from HD though, so must have been lower quality than what you have. Still have em to take apart and see what actually went wrong
I have found than most of the stuff from hone depot is lower quality. I have used lawn fertilizer from H.D. And is worked but I bought the same beand at the garden center .And I was wpset on how fast and thick the lawn grew. even the name brand fixtures are a lower grade.

Most of the stuff sold by the big box stores is made by MTD. They're made to last two years tops. Echo is the exception, but I think the "Big Box" Echos and Hondas are assembled with little care in Mexico or someplace down (way down!) south. I hear people swear by Husky, Yardman, Yardking, Murray, Craftsman, Cub Cadet and others. They're mostly made of exactly the same stuff from MTD and painted the approriate color. If you buy an Echo or Stihl from a reputable dealer, they'll will kiss your butt when you come in to get them tweaked, or have line put back on them. They will certainly charge you for the 2 cycle oil or the trimmer line though.

Echo or Stihl from a commercial lawn mower place is the only way to go, another thing I did on mine was take out the screen by the exhaust as over time it can clog with deposits, I know some of you will say it is a flame arrestor but I have had mine like this for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back