The best 2 stroke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
G’day Guys

New on this site and so far I think it’s by far the best and most informative one on the web. In having said that I have been surfing a bit looking for good or even great marine 2 stroke oil. I’m a commercial fisherman in Queensland Australia and I own and operate a 24ft plate aluminium centre console boat with 2003 175 Yamaha oil injected 2 stroke outboard. I’m currently running Yamalube which isn’t too bad but I have been doing a [censored] of a lot of research on 2 stroke oils and I must fess up I’m getting more confused by the day.

I’m looking seriously at Amsoil HP which is quite expensive for 20ltr drums but I was wondering if their might be another oil that would or could be as good. I don’t mind paying a premium price if it’s a premium product. The other question is if I could run a moly additive in with the oil for more added protection. I ask this because I’m fishing 60 miles out to sea so reliability is of upmost importance to me.

Stuart
Australia

welcome2.gif
to BITOG

There are a lot of good 2-cycle oils out there and Amsoil is one of them. However, for your application I believe I would stay with what you are doing now.

question for all, is the amsoil TC-W3 rated? It is not yet on the approved list, and I read that it does not state it on the bottle, even though their site says it exceeds the TC-W3 rating.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is anything to the yamalube sludge accusations?

I use the Pennzoil full synthetic since is easy to find and reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back