"The 2022 Subaru WRX Is So Good It’s Almost Boring"

Looks like it dynos the same and turns the same acceleration times as last year's model and they axed the new STi. Subaru is a total trash company, lol

Attachments

• ECF5F5B9-9327-47DD-A806-61F590BE998E.jpeg
    ECF5F5B9-9327-47DD-A806-61F590BE998E.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 25
But they shot Novocaine into the suspension.
No fun here; Rally car-ness in base models is gone, I test drove three different Impreza MT from 5 door to 4 door.
All steered poorly, though they were quieter and a bit less "jiggly". And Less Fun.
And two had loud engine knock right out of the box. Thus the Ford in my signature.

Regulars Subaru used to have GREAT steering response and good ePS tuning for a strut car. No longer.

I tried ... I tried.
You are comparing Imprezas to a WRX? That makes a lot of sense!

The rear end, I though Civic immediately. Back to the front end, I said "same old ***** impreza"

If it is "so good it's almost boring" means It's a ho-hum Teutonic sports sedan .... or a Bad sports car !
Really?

Attachments

• DFA034E8-4418-479A-81AB-8529673E0C06.jpeg
    DFA034E8-4418-479A-81AB-8529673E0C06.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 20
yep since this is revived I've wanted a wrx with 6mt and hatchback since about 2015..........

The fuel economy on the new ones is quite atrocious. Not quite full size truck bad.. but low-mid twenties???

My jeep cherokee with gnarly all terrains and an extra 1000lb got similar.

The fuel economy on the new ones is quite atrocious. Not quite full size truck bad.. but low-mid twenties???
I'm not sure why that is. I have a 2021 which should be similar, but I get high twenties around town and in the 30s on the highway. I should clarify that it seems to have a sweet spot where it'll do high 30s on rural roads at 55 MPH vs. low 30s on the Interstate at 80 MPH. But I don't commute with the car so city traffic is kept to a minimum and being the grown man that I am, I don't drive it like the "kids" do so I probably get better mileage than they do.

The 2022s are heavier and maybe that takes a hit on the mileage. That plus the 2.4 engine maybe.

Yes the 2.4L mainly. but even then the wrx is rated much lower than the outback with the same engine.

IIRC they tested the wrx in sport mode.
the outback with the 2.4L and cvt is considerably higher than the wrx with CVT or MT.

Fuelly seems to agree that low to mid twenties is what most people are achieving.

You own the blue one? You are a warrior and defender then ! :) :) :)

And what are you doing parked in from of my Sister-in-laws condo?

Nice Bangle trunk bustle.

Rubbermaid called they want their rear diffuser back - there is a garbage can shortage

Just bustin' 'em No malice.
Wife drives the stick crosstrek. Nice driving car. Good power now from the 2.0 with the D.I. Lightyears better than the Subaru SIA made junk. Had to trade back an awful '21 Outback a little over one year later.
The U.S. manufacturing engineers gotta get their stuff together. And, QC - double check those suspension bushing durometer. Can't be right.

Last edited:
You own the blue one? You are a warrior and defender then ! :) :) :)

And what are you doing parked in from of my Sister-in-laws condo?

Nice Bangle trunk bustle.

Rubbermaid called they want their rear diffuser back - there is a garbage can shortage

Just bustin' 'em No malice.
Wife drives the stick crosstrek. Nice driving car. Good power now from the 2.0 with the D.I. Lightyears better than the Subaru SIA made junk. Had to trade back an awful '21 Outback a little over one year later.
The U.S. manufacturing engineers gotta get their stuff together. And, QC - double check those suspension bushing durometer. Can't be right.
This mine.
58462FEC-D9FD-45E3-A0B0-D50542B429AA.jpeg

They found recipe to make money: Buick with good AWD.
I kind of think of the Outback as a 2000's Volvo/Buick cross, but made with some Japanese quality assurance. I did 600 miles the last weekend to a ski race for each kid, and smooth, quiet, and efficient is what I wanted. No premium fuel, low profile tire, smooth track biased sporty stuff required! It does handle winding highways with some broken pavement, large frost heaves, big crosswinds and some icy patches pretty well though, and the steering is precise enough to thread the needle around some low profile rim breaker pot holes too.

Last edited:
Back