The 2019 VW Passat Does It Again!!!

Well just back from about a 2,000 mile round trip from central PA to St. Augustine with a side trip to Silver Springs, FL while there. The 2019 Passat 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine performed like a champ. Here is a picture of my dash readout on the second day of the trip. When I filled up, I was close to 43 mpg.
Trip to Florida Mileage.JPG

And just to show it can be done with a little hyper miling, I present evidence of a 50 mpg dash readout!! You can see from the "Following too closely" symbol that I was behind an 18 wheeler doing a nice bit of drafting.

Trip Mileage 50 mpg.JPG

The car performed flawlessly. No oil consumed (using the VW 508 oil) and everything performed as it should. Car now has about 21,000 miles on it and this was the second trip to Florida for this car.

Well just back from about a 2,000 mile round trip from central PA to St. Augustine with a side trip to Silver Springs, FL while there. The 2019 Passat 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine performed like a champ. Here is a picture of my dash readout on the second day of the trip. When I filled up, I was close to 43 mpg.
View attachment 90772

And just to show it can be done with a little hyper miling, I present evidence of a 50 mpg dash readout!! You can see from the "Following too closely" symbol that I was behind an 18 wheeler doing a nice bit of drafting.

View attachment 90774

The car performed flawlessly. No oil consumed (using the VW 508 oil) and everything performed as it should. Car now has about 21,000 miles on it and this was the second trip to Florida for this car.
Great...i do the same trip from MD. To Palm Coast just below St Augustine.
Taking my VW too...It look forward to high mpg like you

I noted at the first picture that the fillup mileage was about 43.

This and the dependability is why I recommend the VW's for family travel. VERY comfortable....set the cruise and enjoy the day. Holds a huge amount of luggage in it's spacious trunk

I'd like to hear more about that 79 degrees F.

But it's over 50 here anyway so i suppose the 70s are coming!

I noted at the first picture that the fillup mileage was about 43.

This and the dependability is why I recommend the VW's for family travel. VERY comfortable....set the cruise and enjoy the day. Holds a huge amount of luggage in it's spacious trunk
Gotcha. I misunderstood it and took it as "last tanks MPG was 43 at fill up, and this tank is doing 45.9-50.0 MPG." Still very impressive at 43MPG! What was the average highway speed? I'm guessing 60-65mph-ish?

Nice! Did you do a calculation at the fuel pump to see if real world MPG average is close to the readout MPG average?
my 2013 vw passat s with the 2.5 liter, 5 cylinder, n.a. engine gets 25mpg suburban and 35mpg highway. its onboard calculator matches my hand arithmetic. these are nice sedans.

I fondly remember the days that my 2015 Passat TDI would get 900+ miles per tank with 4 people and a trunk full of luggage. Passat seating room is second to none in its class. Too bad its in its final year.

I get that with my Altima until I double check it at the pump on my cell phone calculator where it’s 2-3 mpg lower. Still good BTW but not accurate.

Back