Thanksgiving Meal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife always cooks the Thanksgiving meal at her mom's. Here is our menu with links to some of the recipes. She likes to cook with recipes, & it would be the epitome of foolishness for me to complain. My taste buds will like it, but my innards may complain! Nevertheless, I must support her.
48.gif

Slow-roasted turkey with gravy
Cornbread dressing with pecans and bacon
Mashed potatoes with garlic, Mascarpone, and Caramelized Leeks
Parmesan-roasted butternut squash
Stir-fried baby bok choy with garlic
Rosemary and Parmesan drop biscuits
Triple chocolate chunk pecan pie
Pumpkin flan with spiced pumpkin seeds

I'll be enjoying several good ole North AL Thanksgiving meals, starting tomorrow at my Mom's. Then next week at work, then at my house on Thanksgiving day. YUM!!! My waistline is growing already.

You need the green stuff to balance the meal...that I will agree on the bok chow(cleanse), keeps the indigestion balanced.

Well, it was all very good except the cranberry sauce was a little too tart for me (everyone else liked it though). The best meal she has planned yet IMHO. It provided everyone several things that they enjoyed very much even though most didn't enjoy 100% of all dishes.

I didn't realize how much different baby bok choy tasted from the "regular" stuff we usually buy.

I told my wife next year, I'm cooking a Turducken. Her family's Thanksgiving dinners don't do it for me. She's already kicking and screaming.

Personally I'd replace the bok choy with brussel sprouts, but otherwise it looks perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back