THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess I'm the odd man out, I don't like it at all. It's does all sorts of weird stuff and replies to one person when you intend to address the group. Where are the smiley faces and stuff at?

I'm not against change but I don't know about this. Plus I found the list was back up by accident. I just happened to click somthing on the ERROR page I had been getting.

I want to thank whoever is responsible for making the upgrade to a modern Forum Software.

Man! It's great to be able to customize this place with all the features of the other forums I like!

grin.gif

Personally, I was happy with the way it was before. Maybe the changes will grow on me once I get used to it.

I wish the mods would have given a day or two notice that a change was coming, I have been thinking something was majorly wrong in the last few days because they couldn't coerce the array into a hash. And I thought maybe that was the end of the BITOG board.

Plus, look how quick that backup was. I bet some of you didn't even notice the board was closed for a few minutes for a backup. Backups used to take hours and hours.

Hi,
I second the thanks!
smile.gif

While this version of UBB is a bit better, would you guys be interested in moving the forum to vBulletin? You'd be able to get rid of the funky URL for the forum and have a MUCH more robust and reliable forum.

I thought BITOG was down for the e-count. As an admin, downtown wreaks havoc deep inside my heart.

And what a surprise! WHAT A GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!!!

Kudos to the electronic chef(s)!!!

Quote:

Hi,
I second the thanks!
smile.gif

While this version of UBB is a bit better, would you guys be interested in moving the forum to vBulletin? You'd be able to get rid of the funky URL for the forum and have a MUCH more robust and reliable forum.

Agreed; this software upgrade was a major step forward for this forum.

VBulletin is an excellent software as well, but converting the data will take a very long time, and may or may not be worth it.

Quote:

Well I guess I'm the odd man out, I don't like it at all. It's does all sorts of weird stuff and replies to one person when you intend to address the group. Where are the smiley faces and stuff at?

KW, we had not choice, we HAD to upgrade, the old software could not handle the volume.

OK, the gremlins are now loaded, click, "preview post" and they will be at the bottom. Also, when you are sending a PM or "reply with quote", they will automatically be at the bottom of the page. We still have a ton of bugs to work out and things to figure out, so thanks for everyone's patience, Joe

I'm not against change but I don't know about this. Plus I found the list was back up by accident. I just happened to click somthing on the ERROR page I had been getting.

Folks, those of you that are not happy with it, this type of software is what most ALL sucessfull Forums are using.

Sorry, but the old software was outdated, horrible to use. The "jump to new post" button was a joke. It didn't work correctly.

Also, I like the fact that you can reply to a single poster versus the whole group. It's a heckuva lot easier to address your post

"To all:"

Thanks again.

Quote:

I wish the mods would have given a day or two notice that a change was coming, I have been thinking something was majorly wrong in the last few days because they couldn't coerce the array into a hash. And I thought maybe that was the end of the BITOG board.

There was something majorly wrong and it was the end of BITOG. The old board script crashed because of the volume of posts and visitors. The only way to get it back was to upgrade to a newer script.

Great job BITOG admins! I saw this design when I went to UBB's website. I thought BITOG had the latest version - either way - this is pretty nice
smile.gif
. Hats off to ya'll - Now take that vacation that you all deserve...

I guess I'll get used to it, but my initial take is not good. I just don't like change.

Why does the time of the above post say a little more than half past noon tomorrow? Is the server in OZ? Do I have to change time settings someplace? I'm confused.
Terry

Sprintman you are correct, server time is in OZ, still playing with it. A few of us have spent numerous hours on the computer and phone getting the site going. We still have alot of tweaks to make, so bear with us. Thanks for your patience during the outage, it was well worth the time, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back