Tesla is about to explode?

Shanghai sold almost 71K cars in Dec. That allows for about 850K per year.
They are hiring 25% more employees and their latest expansion is due to be complete in Q2.
Is 1M cars in 2022 doable in China?

Austin is coming online any day. Apparently the employee parking lot is full... Berlin is close behind. Fremont continues to expand.

And I thought this thread was going to be about their cars exploding or something.

Strangely enough, when they settle in to being a highly profitable company their share price might come down. The current share price is based on future potential and anticipated growth. Reality isn't nearly that valuable.

But they still make very good cars. Bought one.
I see it often in biotech. Stock goes flying high in anticipation of FDA approval and launch. Once the drug is approved, which is the pinnacle for us, the stock goes down and Wall St cares about sales forecasts and profit margins. I've worked in companies that spent money like a drunken sailor before approval when we were bleeding cash and then once we had approval and had money coming into the company, they clamped down to increase the profit margins.

Tesla is the envy of every car maker. Especially their profits and future.
Which is why they are getting so much flack from the media in regards to anti-union actions, accusations of discrimination and the fact that Elon Musk wasn't invented to the White House EV summit.

The automakers will do anything to make Tesla look bad, but the good thing is that Tesla is pushing / shaming the big automakers into electrification.

Tesla does Batteries properly. They will continue to do so and despite the claims by others, Tesla is very well positioned To be on the leading edge of battery capability. They will have 4680’s years before anybody else has something comparable.

Which is why they are getting so much flack from the media in regards to anti-union actions, accusations of discrimination and the fact that Elon Musk wasn't invented to the White House EV summit.

The automakers will do anything to make Tesla look bad, but the good thing is that Tesla is pushing / shaming the big automakers into electrification.

Somehow only invited unionized auto makers got invited to the party. Must have been oversight right?

Saying GM leads the world in electrification is outright hilarity. GM moved 26 EV's in Q4.

And I thought this thread was going to be about their cars exploding or something.

In a way, it is. More Tessie, more self-driving assaults on homes/other vehicles/family pets.
Time for a great, big, beautiful wall-around your real estate/assets.

Are we going to play this game?

Shanghai sold almost 71K cars in Dec. That allows for about 850K per year.
Thet are hiring 25% more employees and their latest expansion is due to be complete in Q2.
Is 1M cars in 2022 doable in China?

Austin is coming online any day. Apparantly the employee parking lot is full... Berlin is close behind. Fremont continues to expand.
All this is public knowledge and baked into the price of Tesla.
It is a nice growth story for sure. How long that will continue is the unknown. If you have a crystal ball, you're better off than the rest of us.

Back