Tesla driver charged with manslaughter after Autopilot crash that killed two

They are using camera based technology that is proven to be extremely problematic. He claimes a lot of stuff, latest that his customers are not smart enough to defrost on their own windows.
Overall, super nice guy.

regardless of any claims - the data outweighs claims.

The car is safer with autopilot engaged than not.

You linked to Tesla. They also claim Plaid can go more than 200mph, but it cannot.

I pasted the Q4 data in post 51.

Do you have any actual data or 3rd party info on safety Or just more opinion?

You ask for actual data and you have nothing but what Tesla says. Where is your proof to back up what they are telling you?

All I claimed to have (access to) was tesla data - because no one else publishes any.

You haven't come up with squat.

The NHSTA and DOT has full access to it and until they ask to change it Ill stick with it.

All I claimed to have (access to) was tesla data - because no one else publishes any.

You haven't come up with squat.

The NHSTA and DOT has full access to it and until they ask to change it Ill stick with it.
. How many years? How many many lies? You believe what you want, but please don’t use Tesla “facts“ as facts.

. How many years? How many many lies. You be;ieve what you want, but pleas don’t use Tesla “facts“ as facts.

What does that link have to do with anything?

You still haven't put up any safety data - the other manufacturers publish none on their driver assist

Did you even read it? Heres the last paragraph.

Will the FSD computer make my car fully autonomous?
Not yet. All Tesla cars require active driver supervision and are not autonomous. With the FSD computer, we expect to achieve a new level of autonomy as we gain billions of miles of experience using our features. The activation and use of these features are dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions.

I have seen autopilot in action. I would say ask driver and passenger, but they ended up under fire truck.

You've also seen the data that shows thats not the rule.

You still haven't shown a single piece of 3rd party data that anyone does a better job than tesla or that anyone else suite achieves bette ethan standard crash rates.

What does that link have to do with anything?

You still haven't put up any safety data - the other manufacturers publish none on their driver assist

Did you even read it? Heres the last paragraph.

Will the FSD computer make my car fully autonomous?
Not yet. All Tesla cars require active driver supervision and are not autonomous. With the FSD computer, we expect to achieve a new level of autonomy as we gain billions of miles of experience using our features. The activation and use of these features are dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions.
I have held my breath for 47 minutes. Prove me wrong.

You've also seen the data that shows thats not the rule.

You still haven't shown a single piece of 3rd party data that anyone does a better job than tesla or that anyone else suite achieves bette ethan standard crash rates.
You can easily Google it. I thought the point of buying Tesla is to have iPad at all the time?

It is understandable that people would be resistant to the idea of handing over control to a computer. Fear and narcissism are powerful.

People as a whole suck at driving. They crash and die constantly. Anecdotal examples of Tesla FSD screwing up don't change that. Even if the technology isn't all the way there yet, it is beneficial when used as intended. When it is fully up to speed, less people will die per mile than do today. I would rather have a smaller chance of being killed by a computer programming failure than a greater chance of being killed by my own error - or more likely, that of someone else on the road. Neither of those options are comforting, but that's life (or will be soon enough).

Autopilot is currently a misleading name. If a vehicle operator chooses to defeat safety measures to take a nap in the back seat, blaming a name while ignoring the user manual is idiotic.

You can easily Google it. I thought the point of buying Tesla is to have iPad at all the time?

If it were out there you'd or Vercintorix would have put it up.

You think a lot of things about Teslas.

What are you asserting that you are asking me to prove wrong?
ANYTHING other than what Tesla says. You want proof from NHTSA, show proof what you and Tesla are claiming is backed by NHTSA. Show me anything Tesla says is backed by any reputable source.

ANYTHING other than what Tesla says. You want proof from NHTSA, show proof what you and Tesla are claiming is backed by NHTSA. Show me anything Tesla says is backed by any reputable source.

I never claimed to have anything other than what teslas says.

Telsa routinely turns over crash data to the NHSTA this isnt even hard to find.

Last edited:
I never claimed to have anything other than what teslas says.

Telsa routinely turns over crash data to the NHSTA this isnt even hard to find.

No, Tesla was ordered to deliver data.
They don’t “routinely “ turn over data.

Back