Tesla driver charged with manslaughter after Autopilot crash that killed two

A small % of any group are always confused.

Like Mark Train said: The man who does not read has no advantage of the man who cannot read.
No it is not small group. And few days ago, AGAIN, Elon indicated that only error can come from driver. His main intent here is self driving using technology that is proven to be problematic.
And since we are using old sayings: as long as there is sheep, there will be wool.

Cujet can correct me or add to this if I am off on my thoughts here but my impression is that he is coming at this from a aviation point of view.
Correct. We have systems that are worlds more complex than most know of, or can even conceive of. The constant stream of programming faults, oversights, computer or network errors, delays, reboots and more, really do lead me to believe that we do not YET have the ability to take the person out of the control Loop.

and no, spacecraft are not a good comparison. They do not have to deal with traffic, weather, terrain, tens of thousands of potential landing sites and so on.

Beta software often does.
3232FBD0-EAE7-4C91-94C7-90381750B583.jpg

No it is not small group. And few days ago, AGAIN, Elon indicated that only error can come from driver. His main intent here is self driving using technology that is proven to be problematic.
And since we are using old sayings: as long as there is sheep, there will be wool.

The crash statistics do the talking.

Whose driver assist aids lower the overall accident per miles driven?

Last edited:
The crash statistics do the talking.

Whose driver assist aids lower the overall accident per miles driven?
Elons is a proven liar. You believe him for accident per mile? BTW I am typing this while I’m driving from the west coast to New York City while driving hands free from the back seat. It’s nap time now.

Elons is a proven liar. You believe him for accident per mile? BTW I am typing this while I’m driving from the west coast to New York City while driving hands free from the back seat. It’s nap time now.

Is not like he's a rocket scientist.

The number either pass inspection and audit or they dont. Its the most investigated car company of all time.

No one else has the balls to put their numbers up...I wonder why?

Is not like he's a rocket scientist.

The number either pass inspection and audit or they dont. Its the most investigated car company of all time.

No one else has the balls to put their numbers up...I wonder why?
They are using camera based technology that is proven to be extremely problematic. He claimes a lot of stuff, latest that his customers are not smart enough to defrost on their own windows.
Overall, super nice guy.

Back