Tesla Cybertruck

4 motor is probably the way to go on these. I can't wait to see them driving around in another 5 years...

Giga Austin is close to production, starting with the Model Y. The Cybertruk will be built there pretty soon, in Elon time anyways. Like another 5 years.

My question is how in the name of all that is holy(Jeremy Clarkson reference) will this thing pass roll over and offset crash testing. Tesla must be anticipating losing a fortune on everyone made.

elon_age4.jpg

After seeing the report about how that couple towing a Mustang GT500 on an open trailer with a Rivian R1T, I’ve solidified my position that its gunna be a while before I go electric. They were stopping every 100 miles to recharge. 20 stops over 2000 miles.

New drone shots. Looking close to production spec. Trailer hitch, license plate provisions, CRAZY wiper arm, production realistic side mirrors, etc.

9AD433C4-DCDC-4C0A-8BBC-827DEBE798B5.jpeg
28135E05-4912-45C2-B202-080998B33FE7.jpeg
A8BCE369-0D45-4AD9-B25A-9A228952665F.jpeg
20CABB83-8D94-4DB4-A40A-7261018AA6B6.jpeg

B2D30718-6B75-467D-B15D-3DE115E27635.jpeg

That is the ugliest thing that I have ever seen. From an aesthetic standpoint, it makes the Pontiac Aztek and AMC Pacer look good. I would NEVER buy one, and the real truck buyers/owners that I know will never buy them. Ford has beaten them to market, and even though the market for EV trucks is going to be very small for the foreseeable future, IMO Ford is going to win this round of the EV truck sales battle.

Why on earth is the cab shaped like that?

All it’s doing is limiting interior space.

Obviously, for maximum interior space efficiency, you want boxy shape (Like most other crew cab pickups).

My question is how in the name of all that is holy(Jeremy Clarkson reference) will this thing pass roll over and offset crash testing. Tesla must be anticipating losing a fortune on everyone made.
Roll over testing will be fine, low center of gravity due to battery location in floor. IIRC the Model S righted it self during a roll over test at the IIHS and the machine used to compress the roof pillar broke because the vehicles structure is very strong. In general crash test results are superior because they don't have to work around an engine block and all those variables, they can optimize the structure around collision protection. Now if they can get the quality issues inline and have more service centers, then I would consider buying one.

A buddy of mine has one on order. He said that single blade is not believed to be the final production design. I think it’s cool though. Blade chatter could be really bad if it gets going!

Back