Tesla Cybertruck

F02E49FD-43E5-43BE-A489-00940B2A1634.jpeg

Gee, they ruined the looks with the side view mirrors...
Thank Uncle Sam

Somebody did an aerodynamic analysis and this thing actually tests very well if the bed is covered.

No matter how much they screw up, as long as the tires are chosen properly you are talking under a 0.24 wind drag, theoretical minimum is 0.14 if they do everything correct (mirrors chosen wouldn’t work)

So even at the conservative end this should travel 50% further (highway) on a kwhr of juice than any of the competitors

Range is what sells BEVs, no matter how ugly it is if it goes 2-3x further on a charge and the price isn’t atrocious
guess what will sell?

Thank Uncle Sam

Somebody did an aerodynamic analysis and this thing actually tests very well if the bed is covered.

No matter how much they screw up, as long as the tires are chosen properly you are talking under a 0.24 wind drag, theoretical minimum is 0.14 if they do everything correct (mirrors chosen wouldn’t work)

So even at the conservative end this should travel 50% further (highway) on a kwhr of juice than any of the competitors

Range is what sells BEVs, no matter how ugly it is if it goes 2-3x further on a charge and the price isn’t atrocious
guess what will sell?
This guy's modelling contradicts some of the earlier posits that it was "insanely aerodynamic", worth the read:

This guy's modelling contradicts some of the earlier posits that it was "insanely aerodynamic", worth the read:
Interesting! Thanks for posting this.

You're very welcome - we toured the Zeppelin museum in Friedrichshafen in Germany a few years ago, and it was a real highlight for me. I find stuff like this fascinating.
As do I, would love to do that tour. My wife and I will eventually be making the trip to Germany for vacation so I'll put that on the list :)

I have I’ll send that to the resident aerodynamic expert and see if he agrees or disagrees with the numbers presented

His original analysis agreed with the above but his second update from a month ago changed its tune significantly

OK, so buddy needs to run the updated version, with mirrors and wiper, as well as the different panels, through the same software.
The opinion comments I didn’t copy basically said that he didn’t put much credence into the proficiency of that particular software, among other things

The opinion comments I didn’t copy basically said that he didn’t put much credence into the proficiency of that particular software, among other things
And what software is he using to make the calculations?

I mean, I guess we could just wait to see what the official figures are, if they get announced, but so far, this seems to be a subject where the numbers have been all over the place.

Back