Tesla Crushing It

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time you ever heard of water coming out on the DASH of ANY car other than a Tesla? This is just stupid design.
When else has any feature been deleted to subsequent owners of ANY other car? How about NEVER.

This manufacturer is getting away with this stupid stuff and that is not acceptable to me.

It's like anything else, you spent your money and you are happy. Enjoy. As far as regretting their purchase, I'm not sure anyone would admit to it if they did.

Yes, he'll get it right eventually, but this car is not up to my standards yet. Tesla is putting out bare minimum standard cars right now. He's got the big things pretty well worked out for sure.
Don't get me wrong, I am not a Tesla hater. I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA where this damaging Tesla Cars or coal rolling hate comes from! That's just infantile behavior. Tesla just needs to step up to the standards that other car makers have learned to deal with years ago. You know, the little things that most people expect in a car.

Originally Posted by JohnG
When was the last time you ever heard of water coming out on the DASH of ANY car other than a Tesla? This is just stupid design.
When else has any feature been deleted to subsequent owners of ANY other car? How about NEVER.

This manufacturer is getting away with this stupid stuff and that is not acceptable to me.

It's like anything else, you spent your money and you are happy. Enjoy. As far as regretting their purchase, I'm not sure anyone would admit to it if they did.

Yes, he'll get it right eventually, but this car is not up to my standards yet. Tesla is putting out bare minimum standard cars right now. He's got the big things pretty well worked out for sure.
Don't get me wrong, I am not a Tesla hater. I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA where this damaging Tesla Cars or coal rolling hate comes from! That's just infantile behavior. Tesla just needs to step up to the standards that other car makers have learned to deal with years ago. You know, the little things that most people expect in a car.

My employees first generation Ridgeline leaked through the windshield - a Honda

My 2nd gen ridgeline has worse panel gaps than the model Y.

Ive bought lots of dogs in my life My dodge intrepid comes to mind...

There are two sides to the Tesla story regarding features.

When did you have a car that ever got fundamentally better after you bought it?
Ive never had one sure a patch here and there, or a map upgrade (usually that I have to pay for and them load in from a flash drive)

Teslas improve constantly at a far greater rate that any other auto all over the air sitting in your driveway.
Even hard wired function like
0-60
60-0
get improved - and there is myriad of other stuff, Nav, audio..dog mode, joe mode, camping mode,

NO other car manufacturer does this.

Simple question to a Tesla owner here - When you sign for the enhanced auto pilot doe sis say the that software is transferable or not?

If the SLA says its xferable then its gotta stay with the car - if not.....no foul removing it and making the next guy pay.

UD

Originally Posted by Olas
Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Tesla customers are not middle - upper middle class.

As someone who lives on the other side of the world, that stirkes me as a strange comment.
Typically, over here the poorer people who want to be percieved as richer than they are will rent/lease/finance a flashy new model car. The people who are wealthy, comfortable, and concerned with maintaining their wealth do not feel the need to show off, and typically they drive older cars with higher miles - old diesel mercedes estate cars are a favourite of the none-ostentatious wealthy folk in this area.

That's true over here for the truly wealthy. But for the people that want to look wealthy and have a good income, they spend money on cars. But as Warren Buffet says, recessions have a way of expoing these people for what they really are....broke.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by philipp10
Originally Posted by Olas
Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Tesla customers are not middle - upper middle class.

As someone who lives on the other side of the world, that stirkes me as a strange comment.
Typically, over here the poorer people who want to be percieved as richer than they are will rent/lease/finance a flashy new model car. The people who are wealthy, comfortable, and concerned with maintaining their wealth do not feel the need to show off, and typically they drive older cars with higher miles - old diesel mercedes estate cars are a favourite of the none-ostentatious wealthy folk in this area.

That's true over here for the truly wealthy. But for the people that want to look wealthy and have a good income, they spend money on cars. But as Warren Buffet says, recessions have a way of expoing these people for what they really are....broke.

Sure, a lotta people buy cars they can't afford. A lotta people buy cars they don't need.
No one needs a Tesla, a Vette, Beemer, Mercedes, etc. An Accord, Camry, Civic, Corolla, RAV4, CR-V is a much better economic choice.
A Bolt or Leaf gets you in the Commuter Lane.
Heck, many people buy F-150s all decked out for $50K or more.
In fact, Model 3s hold their value better than most other extravagant cars.
Teslas are hardly the only extravagant car out there; this argument is silly.

By the way, the Model 3 is the only luxury car in the top 10 sales in the US in 2019...

But again what have they been crushing except for fulfilling pre-orders? If another car manufacture, say Chevy (for ease), takes pre-orders for a new corvette and then starts production would that be considered the same thing then?

"Customer satisfaction" is a feeling. Feelings are not facts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye
A lot of you naysayers overlook the fact that Tesla cannot be compared to conventional auto manufacturers. They are more than that. Tesla will have an income stream not only from their vehicles but from licensing their autonomous driving technology and selling fleet grade cars to taxi services, licensing and/or manufacturing their advanced batteries to other auto makers, selling their solar systems and their new HVAC systems and more. All of this provided they weather the current economic storm which I am pretty confident that they will.

Ark Investments recognizes all of that and predicts that TSLA will be worth $7000 to $15,000 a share by 2024. Well, that seems pretty darn optimistic. Barrons predicts stock prices of several thousand dollars a share also with similar projection modeling. Not as crazy as Ark, but $2000 - $2500 a share is not a pipe dream.

It only took a year from groundbreaking to completed Model 3's rolling off the assembly line at the new Shanghai factory. They would probably have done the same in Munich if it wasn't for the bureaucratic delays and once those cars start coming off the line they will be excellent sellers all over Europe. What other auto manufacturer could do the same ?

Tesla is anywhere from 4-6 years ahead of the competition who still are devoting massive resources to their gasoline engine auto lines in addition to planning for a future market share in EV's.
I predict as soon as this Corvid-19 situation settles down, their stock will begin a rapid recovery and will exceed $1200 a share in a short amount of time. Especially if their upcoming Battery Investor Day information shows rapid technological advances on the immediate and near horizons.

Personally, I have set a target for myself where if my Tesla stock holdings reach a certain level, I will sell enough shares to buy a totally impractical exotic gasoline powered sports car to enjoy before I am too old and feeble to enjoy it. Maybe even send a photo of myself behind the wheel and thumbing my nose to Greta Thunberg for encouraging enough people to buy EV's for me to be able to afford an environmentally unfriendly gas guzzler.

Panasonic makes their batteries, Tesla may corroborate but they don't make them. Capital costs are too high. I see a troubled future for Tesla as they really are a one trick pony in the sense that they sell an economy** car at luxury prices. And god help them if regulators have their way over touch screens. Plenty of studies out there showing that the lack of a tactile feel of buttons/dials are causing accidents because drivers become distracted.

**Spartan options (Interior colors and materials, Exterior colors).

The Shanghai deal stinks of graft. Tesla is the only automaker which wasn't required to take on a Chinese partner nor pressured to use Chinese manufactured batteries.

Tesla, until recently, was only available on one market. Automakers are global and have to meets the needs of customers on a global scale which requires support of ICE.

Will prognosticators who predict Tesla stock continuing to rise into the stratosphere be correct?

Yes but why? It will reach those heights because Tesla is a benefactor of Socially Conscious Investing (SRI) and by extension a benefactor of The State because it checks all the boxes with regards to CO2/PM emissions.

SRI fund managers really only have one choice when it comes to investing in transportation. It's Tesla.

I understand the Tesla 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times beat the pants off of almost any car out there regardless of price. But there is a lot more to enjoying a car than drag racing. I have nothing against owning an EV, my choice in buying a sports car will be for a fun, weekend toy and as a second vehicle. A Porsche 911 Carrerra S or Jaguar F type is more like what I will purchase.

Regarding leaking vehicles: I had a 1974 Fiat 128 Sport Coupe that water leaked in from the windshield under the dash and pooled in the passenger footwell when it rained. I never did find the the exact source to fix it. I ended up drilling a hole in the floorboard to let the water out when it rained. But I sure wouldn't expect that in a new Tesla.

Tesla is on the verge of a battery technology breakthrough. And Panasonic won't be making them. As far as the reasons that Tesla stock may go into the stratosphere, they matter not to me. I am only concerned with my retirement income. I have little to no "social conscience"
about it.

"Tesla is on the verge of a battery technology breakthrough. And Panasonic won't be making them."

Panasonic kept waiting for payment from Tesla and when they figured out that wasn't happening they went their own way. Panasonic is in with Toyota on their EV and mobility business now.

Originally Posted by PimTac
"Tesla is on the verge of a battery technology breakthrough. And Panasonic won't be making them."

Panasonic kept waiting for payment from Tesla and when they figured out that wasn't happening they went their own way. Panasonic is in with Toyota on their EV and mobility business now.

Panasonic was always "IN" with Toyota since the pre-historic 1997 Primearth factory progenitor .

Toyota has actually been looking for more battery partners because all the battery makers have moved on from making little hybrid batteries leaving Toyota high and dry. It will be harder for Toyota to Persue it's all hybrid strategy alone without additional battery makers

Originally Posted by Rmay635703

Panasonic was always "IN" with Toyota since the pre-historic 1997 Primearth factory progenitor .

Toyota has actually been looking for more battery partners because all the battery makers have moved on from making little hybrid batteries leaving Toyota high and dry. It will be harder for Toyota to Persue it's all hybrid strategy alone without additional battery makers

True and their latest alliance with Denso (Toyota) is a step further. Remember, this goes way beyond automobiles.

True and their latest alliance with Denso (Toyota) is a step further. Remember, this goes way beyond automobiles.

Yeah, thus far "Mobility" has been a zero growth low (or negative) profit sector,
unlikely to see that change in our lifetime.

Unless your including hover-rounds and electric skateboards in that metric, even still that really isn't much of a future profit center chasing government money.

Originally Posted by Pew
But again what have they been crushing except for fulfilling pre-orders? If another car manufacture, say Chevy (for ease), takes pre-orders for a new corvette and then starts production would that be considered the same thing then?

The fact that their market cap is about double what GM and Ford are combined are would be one indication they are crushing it.

Originally Posted by Rmay635703

Yeah, thus far "Mobility" has been a zero growth low (or negative) profit sector,
unlikely to see that change in our lifetime.

Unless your including hover-rounds and electric skateboards in that metric, even still that really isn't much of a future profit center chasing government money.

Mobility is not just moving people. It is about moving everything including services.

On my last trip to Tokyo I had a robot greet me and finish my check in. I had already pre-checked in on my phone. An autonomous baggage cart took our bags to the room. There were still people around though just in case.

There are a ton of possibilities and they all will need batteries.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Pew

Referring to this article, crushing it is Tesla Q1 sales vs other manufacturers.
In a nutshell, their sales are growing in an overall declining market.
Tesla growth is expected to continue as evidenced by the new factories (Shanghai and Berlin) to supply the pent up demand.
China and Europe's demand for Teslas is high and supply is low.

Consumer Reports considers Customer Satisfaction a very important metric:
"Consumer Reports' Annual Owner Satisfaction Survey can improve the chances of finding a compatible car match.
How? Our survey data reveals whether, all things considered, owners would buy the same car again.
The answer to that question is what determines our owner-satisfaction rating, which is a powerful piece of intel because it predicts how well a particular model will satisfy other owners."

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Dave9 said:
JeffKeryk said:
But its products are in strong demand in an otherwise shrinking new car market.

Umm no. They have merely increased their production rate but this in no way suggests their products are in strong demand. It's always a matter of % sales.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave9
Dave9 said:
JeffKeryk said:

Umm no. They have merely increased their production rate but this in no way suggests their products are in strong demand. It's always a matter of % sales.

The Model 3 was the only luxury sedan in the top 10 selling cars in the US in 2019.
That is demand.
If they could have built more or chose to not ship as many to overseas they would have sold more here.

Say what you want, but the numbers don't lie.

Model 3 Sales Rank 2019

Originally Posted by Dave9
Dave9 said:
JeffKeryk said:

Can you back your opinion with data?

All the data Ive seen shows you are incorrect.

Nothing even comes close to the growth of the model 3. It has basically annihilated everything in its segment.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2020-us-midsize-luxury-car-sales-figures/

[Linked Image]

My point is, the Model 3 is experiencing increasing demand in an otherwise declining market.
It has to be taking sales from many other makes.

My point is, the Model 3 is experiencing increasing demand in an otherwise declining market.

I was addressing Dave9- I agree with you. I should have unquoted you..

The data agrees with you as well.

Its crushing the segment taking from autos that aren't even the same type.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted by UncleDave

I was addressing Dave9- I agree with you. I should have unquoted you..

The data agrees with you as well.

Its crushing the segment taking from autos that aren't even the same type.

UD

I understood what you meant UD.
All good and I appreciate your insights and guidance.

Come to Silicon Valley and take a spin in the "point and shoot" Model 3.
I hear owners are pinging Elon (he cra) to code a couple of updates so we can spank the new Vette...

Dave9 will get a Model 3 Performance soon I'm sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back