Terrorists kill 120+ kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: morepwr
I cant even comprehend how evil a group has to be to kill children. Awful.

Please

Remember Vietnam. How many Americans opened up on villages with women and children.
Glass houses.
They were just following orders.
06.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
How is this internet amplification only stirring the emotions of evil vs the emotions of those who wish to root it out?

It's working no differently than to the polarization of politics in the US.

And history as well as current political and social events shows us that committed minorities succeed when the majority aren't as well organized, don't care as much as them or look the other way.

Many dictators have come to power this way. For a while now people don't vote because they feel they can't make a difference or sometimes don't understand the issues, while corporations with vested interests can put the resources into specific lobbying.

Originally Posted By: cashmoney
It will not stop until people in these back water [censored]-holes are educated and literate and turn away from their medieval era superstitious clap trap beliefs.

You cannot retrain Fallen Angels and their chosen Disciples. Devils run these religious radical groups, for they promote murder of those unfaithful to them.

Last edited:
I am amazed when people here try to deflect attention from something terrible that has happened in the world by saying something to the effect, 'Well, Christians did terrible things also.' So it was okay, in other words, for these Taliban terrorists to murder something like 147 people (or however many people they killed-the number keeps rising)? According to the Drudge Report, a teacher was burned alive.

Was it okay in WWII for Hitler to order the murder of millions of human beings because terrible things had occurred in the past? Trying to deflect attention from something terrible that has happened by saying that other people have done terrible things is a logical fallacy. You did not take high school debate? Terrible things done by one group do not justify terrible things by another group. I think that should be logical and understandable but maybe it is not for some people.

Without condemning all of the Moslems in the world I will condemn these murderers who murdered these innocent students and teachers. And I can do that without somehow condemning all of the Moslems in the world.

And if some group engages in terrible crimes against humanity, whoever and whatever that group is, I will condemn them and don't tell me something like-'Well, Christians (or whoever) did terrible things also.'

Originally Posted By: Mystic
I am amazed when people here try to deflect attention from something terrible that has happened in the world by saying something to the effect, 'Well, Christians did terrible things also.' So it was okay, in other words, for these Taliban terrorists to murder something like 147 people (or however many people they killed-the number keeps rising)? According to the Drudge Report, a teacher was burned alive.

Was it okay in WWII for Hitler to order the murder of millions of human beings because terrible things had occurred in the past? Trying to deflect attention from something terrible that has happened by saying that other people have done terrible things is a logical fallacy. You did not take high school debate? Terrible things done by one group do not justify terrible things by another group. I think that should be logical and understandable but maybe it is not for some people.

Without condemning all of the Moslems in the world I will condemn these murderers who murdered these innocent students and teachers. And I can do that without somehow condemning all of the Moslems in the world.

And if some group engages in terrible crimes against humanity, whoever and whatever that group is, I will condemn them and don't tell me something like-'Well, Christians (or whoever) did terrible things also.'

Agreed

Pity that Cheney shows no remorse for innocents who were tortured to death because of his program. I sure hope he doesn't receive approval for his actions and attitude.

As you said "Terrible things done by one group do not justify terrible things by another group. I think that should be logical and understandable but maybe it is not for some people."

So let me see-Cheney was involved in torturing 'innocents?' So now we are going to try to compare the waterboarding of a few terrorists with the slaughter of thousands upon thousands of human beings in Iraq and Syria who are being beheaded, children cut in half, people burned alive and crucified? According to what I have heard, Navy Seals are waterboarded in their training.

So now the waterboarding of a few captured terrorists is going to be compared to the murder of thousands of human beings? People being beheaded by murderers who use knives to cut somebodies' head off?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2004tdigls
its time to consider nuclear weapons, and Pakistan is a nuclear capable country

complete extermination is the only option

Yeah! Oh wait, won't that kill even more school children?

So let me see-Cheney was involved in torturing 'innocents?' So now we are going to try to compare the waterboarding of a few terrorists with the slaughter of thousands upon thousands of human beings in Iraq and Syria who are being beheaded, children cut in half, people burned alive and crucified? According to what I have heard, Navy Seals are waterboarded in their training.

So now the waterboarding of a few captured terrorists is going to be compared to the murder of thousands of human beings? People being beheaded by murderers who use knives to cut somebodies' head off?

I didn't talk about waterboarding a few captured terrorists.

I specifically stated innocents tortured to death.

Originally Posted By: Meet The Press
CHUCK TODD:

I mean, let me go to Gul Rahman. He was chained to the wall of his cell, doused with water, froze to death in C.I.A. custody. And it turned out it was a case of mistaken identity.

**** CHENEY:

--right. But the problem I had is with the folks that we did release that end up back on the battlefield. Of the 600 and some people who were released out of Guantanamo, 30% roughly ended up back on the battlefield. Today we're very concerned about ISIS. Terrible new terrorist organization.

It is headed by named Baghdadi. Baghdadi was in the custody of the U.S. military in Iraq in Camp Bucca. He was let go and now he's out leading the terror attack against the United States. I'm more concerned with bad guys who got out and released than I am with a few that, in fact, were innocent.

CHUCK TODD:

25% of the detainees though, 25% turned out to be innocent. They were released.

**** CHENEY:

Where are you going to draw the line, Chuck? How are--

CHUCK TODD:

Well, I'm asking you.

**** CHENEY:

--you going to know?

(OVERTALK)

CHUCK TODD:

Is that too high? You're okay with that margin for error?

**** CHENEY:

I have no problem as long as we achieve our objective.

Originally Posted By: aa1986

I didn't talk about waterboarding a few captured terrorists.

I specifically stated innocents tortured to death.

Originally Posted By: Meet The Press
CHUCK TODD:

I mean, let me go to Gul Rahman. He was chained to the wall of his cell, doused with water, froze to death in C.I.A. custody. And it turned out it was a case of mistaken identity.

**** CHENEY:

--right. But the problem I had is with the folks that we did release that end up back on the battlefield. Of the 600 and some people who were released out of Guantanamo, 30% roughly ended up back on the battlefield. Today we're very concerned about ISIS. Terrible new terrorist organization.

It is headed by named Baghdadi. Baghdadi was in the custody of the U.S. military in Iraq in Camp Bucca. He was let go and now he's out leading the terror attack against the United States. I'm more concerned with bad guys who got out and released than I am with a few that, in fact, were innocent.

CHUCK TODD:

25% of the detainees though, 25% turned out to be innocent. They were released.

**** CHENEY:

Where are you going to draw the line, Chuck? How are--

CHUCK TODD:

Well, I'm asking you.

**** CHENEY:

--you going to know?

(OVERTALK)

CHUCK TODD:

Is that too high? You're okay with that margin for error?

**** CHENEY:

I have no problem as long as we achieve our objective.

Cheney confused al Qaeda with Iraq, and is now confusing al Qaeda with ISIS. Or is he trying to confuse us? Better check your pacemaker batteries, ****.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Originally Posted By: Blaze
Originally Posted By: CT8
There is a problem somewhere.
Islamic religion, simple.

Extremists are the issue not the Islamic religion.

Exactly. It is not the fault of any religion when it's twisted to suit anyone's actions.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Please

Remember Vietnam. How many Americans opened up on villages with women and children.
Glass houses.

If you were not there how can you possibly know? I was there and you're way off base. I was a Navy Corpsman on duty with the Marines and we set up clinics that supplied healthcare to the locals and did a lot of good work. I was a US Navy SARC/IDC (look it up) and I speak with some knowledge and authority. Our healthcare efforts never got one mention in the current media. We tried to bring reporters to the villages to see and possibly work with us and they would never go. They always said they could write their stories without going outside the military compounds. Yes there were problems but very few and war after all is dirty business and politics and the media are even worse. So, believe what you will if facts disturb your train of thought. We did not cut off any heads or torture anyone and we certainly did not rape any little girls. Your mindless accusations mark you a one of the new American faithful. But worry not, the rest of us will still take care of your rights as an American. You need not participate in the struggle to enjoy the privileges, you can stay at home with your friends.

Remember My Lai Massacre ?

The lieutenant who ordered the killing of several hundreds civilians in My Lai village served only few years under house arrest.

You were in Vietnam and you forgot My Lai Massacre ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

The Mỹ Lai Massacre was the Vietnam War mass killing of between 347 and 504 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam on March 16, 1968. It was committed by U.S. Army soldiers from the Company C of the 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade of the 23rd (Americal) Infantry Division. Victims included men, women, children, and infants. Some of the women were gang-raped and their bodies mutilated.[2][3] Twenty-six soldiers were charged with criminal offenses, but only Lieutenant William Calley Jr., a platoon leader in C Company, was convicted. Found guilty of killing 22 villagers, he was originally given a life sentence, but served only three and a half years under house arrest.

I did not forget. Never lecture me about anything to do with Vietnam. Evidently you assume I'm stupid. I just made some comments on my experience, what I actually saw, experienced and did. I can only speak for myself. I delivered 3 babies in the jungle in the most difficult of conditions, bad storms and people shooting at each other. I witnessed countless times when Marines risked their lives to save or help locals. We won hearts and minds with the non-combat work we did. We built roads, bridges, purified drinking water, erected homes for the villagers and medical treatment facilities. And probably none of this ever made the news because it did not go well with media and the protests. We did not make policy. We did all this because we're humans willing to help others. Until you carry a loaded weapon in a combat zone and put your life in the hands of the man standing next to you, you will never understand the brotherhood and freedom will remain just an abstract concept. In the middle of all this controversy a few of us kept the faith. It would please me to no end if you would keep your unformed comments directed at your friends.

Thank you for your service OneEyedJack. Too few Vietnam veterans received any thank you when they returned home. I was 1A myself near the end of the Vietnam War but I was not drafted.

There are always a few American soldiers who do wrong. But like you say little is said about all of the great things that American soldiers did in Vietnam. And a few bad apples in the American military do not compare with the brutal slaughter of innocent people by the Viet Cong and the North Vietnamese military.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: rjundi

Extremists are the issue not the Islamic religion.

Exactly. It is not the fault of any religion when it's twisted to suit anyone's actions.

Definitely it is these evil-minded twisted mentally insane murderers and not the fault of any religion or culture.
I will not agree that Christians did it nor will I agree that Moslems did it - these murderers are heartless and gruesome pieces of [censored] just like any other mentally twisted person committing a crime in any city or country in the world. They are criminals grouped together and unfortunately funded & by our tax money some 15-20 years back. Now it is out of control and an excessive PEST CONTROL problem is the result !!!

Please

Glass houses.
They were just following orders.
06.gif

Lieutenant William Calley Jr. ordered the killing of more than 100 civilians and he had to serve only 3.5 years house arrest ! Did the punishment fit the crime ? How about the ones who raped and mutilated the victims ? Nobody else in that crime paid anything. Is it because we treat the third world people less than dog here ?

There is absolutely no excuse for murder several hundreds unarmed civilians anywhere in the world by any one or any group. Nobody can defend that action.

Nobody can defend that action.

Don't be so sure. The extremists are changing the parameters of what is justified every year.

In WW2, the US tried and executed Japanese who had water-boarded Americans. We were a major contributor to the Geneva convention because of atrocities in WW2.

Now there are some who claim when we do water-boarding it's not torture. One of them is saying it's not torture because we raised their legs while doing it.

And we have another one that says it doesn't matter if those we tortured were innocent, or if the torture led to the death of innocents.

And they've already managed to convince some of the country that it's justified, that in the case when America does it, it's different.

In WW2, the US tried and executed Japanese who had water-boarded Americans. We were a major contributor to the Geneva convention because of atrocities in WW2.

The Japanese did far more than things like water boarding. If you believe such a statement you are a victim of revisionists history. They beat prisoners to death, sometimes for entertainment. They starved them to death, marched them to death and worked them to death. Read about the rape of Nanking. I'd say that the treatment of Chinese civilians was a bit more than water boarding or playing loud music. You can pick and chose what you want to believe but it will not change the facts. If you live in such a world you should stay within its borders where your are safe from reality. America has wielded more power with more discretion than any nation in the history of the world and continues that practice today. If you chose not to believe that then you are just a plane ticket away from somewhere that would better suit your world.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

The Japanese did far more than things like water boarding. If you believe such a statement you are a victim of revisionists history. They beat prisoners to death, sometimes for entertainment. They starved them to death, marched them to death and worked them to death. Read about the rape of Nanking. I'd say that the treatment of Chinese civilians was a bit more than water boarding or playing loud music. You can pick and chose what you want to believe but it will not change the facts. If you live in such a world you should stay within its borders where your are safe from reality. America has wielded more power with more discretion than any nation in the history of the world and continues that practice today. If you chose not to believe that then you are just a plane ticket away from somewhere that would better suit your world.

Amen brother! I get sick to my stomach when I read or hear comments like that. It's real easy to leave the US, but.-RD

How did you come up with this incredibly intelligent conclusion if the victims were Muslims as well?

If you think that the only thing that the Japanese did in WWII was waterboard a few prisoners you badly need some history classes. Or if that is what is being taught in college classes today there should be some college professors fired. There is a movie out called 'Unbroken' and that might be a good movie for you to see aa1986.

History was one of my favorite subjects. In China MILLIONS of Chinese were tortured and died under Japanese occupation. That is millions with an 'm.' Not just a handful of captured terrorists waterboarded. In one city alone it is believed that about one million Chinese died. Some twenty or so captured terrorists waterboarded (actually I think only two were waterboarded) hardly compares with the slaughter of millions of human beings.

Thousands of Americans and allied prisoners died in Japanese prisoner of war camps. In one case I know of captured women and children were deliberately murdered when the Japanese submarine they were riding on deliberately submerged so that they would die.

You badly need to study some real history.

Status
Not open for further replies.