Terrorists kill 120+ kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rjundi
Originally Posted By: Blaze
Originally Posted By: CT8
There is a problem somewhere.
Islamic religion, simple.

Extremists are the issue not the Islamic religion.

Not sure of any answer for these countries except maybe improving security and well being of the areas would help. Clearly our past history has shown we have gained little traction in the last 10-15 years.

It's not a religion guys ...its a cult! A deadly,twisted,disturbed,cult.

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
Originally Posted By: rjundi
Originally Posted By: Blaze
Originally Posted By: CT8
There is a problem somewhere.
Islamic religion, simple.

Extremists are the issue not the Islamic religion.

Not sure of any answer for these countries except maybe improving security and well being of the areas would help. Clearly our past history has shown we have gained little traction in the last 10-15 years.

Obviously clueless.

Islam is a beautiful religion to be honest.

How many people died in the inquisition. Catholics killed them. Are Catholics a cult too?

Anyone with anything negative to say about Islam has no idea what the religion is truly about and have their heads buried in the sand.
Obviously the propaganda war is being won,and the American public is just eating it up.
Who will they tell you to hate next.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
I cant even comprehend how evil a group has to be to kill children. Awful.

Please

Remember Vietnam. How many Americans opened up on villages with women and children.
Glass houses.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Obviously clueless.

How many people died in the inquisition. Catholics killed them. Are Catholics a cult too?

Anyone with anything negative to say about Islam has no idea what the religion is truly about and have their heads buried in the sand.
Obviously the propaganda war is being won,and the American public is just eating it up.
Who will they tell you to hate next.

Tune in to Fox news to find out! In between the updates on the War on Christmas!

The one thing in common with crazy, fundamentalists, is...

religion!

Good grief.
33.gif

I challenge everyone here to study European and U.S. meddling in the middle east since the early 1900's and then come back and explain who is partly to blame for today's mess.

I double dog dare everyone to Google "Christian atrocities" and then come back here and describes today's extremist religion goings-on without being a hypocrite.

So many here think the world revolves around us and what we learn from CNN and Fox news. The hypocrisy here is embarrassing.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Good grief.
33.gif

I challenge everyone here to study European and U.S. meddling in the middle east since the early 1900's and then come back and explain who is partly to blame for today's mess.

I double dog dare everyone to Google "Christian atrocities" and then come back here and describes today's extremist religion goings-on without being a hypocrite.

So many here think the world revolves around us and what we learn from CNN and Fox news. The hypocrisy here is embarrassing.

I couldn't agree more.

When people believe they are above or better than others,or that their attrocities are in some way justified and the enemy of today attrocities are so much worse then you get a population of imbeciles who feel justified in taking the next step,which is more killing.
A long hard look in the mirror would show that the American policy of the past hundred years has been to destabilize any nation that could be a threat to theirs,and destabilize at all costs.
Do let's not delude ourselves here. All sides are guilty in some way shape or form.

Please

Remember Vietnam. How many Americans opened up on villages with women and children.
Glass houses.

There is no equivalence here. Don't make something that isn't and YOU know that!

Please

Glass houses.

If you were not there how can you possibly know? I was there and you're way off base. I was a Navy Corpsman on duty with the Marines and we set up clinics that supplied healthcare to the locals and did a lot of good work. I was a US Navy SARC/IDC (look it up) and I speak with some knowledge and authority. Our healthcare efforts never got one mention in the current media. We tried to bring reporters to the villages to see and possibly work with us and they would never go. They always said they could write their stories without going outside the military compounds. Yes there were problems but very few and war after all is dirty business and politics and the media are even worse. So, believe what you will if facts disturb your train of thought. We did not cut off any heads or torture anyone and we certainly did not rape any little girls. Your mindless accusations mark you a one of the new American faithful. But worry not, the rest of us will still take care of your rights as an American. You need not participate in the struggle to enjoy the privileges, you can stay at home with your friends.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Please

Glass houses.

If you were not there how can you possibly know? I was there and you're way off base. I was a Navy Corpsman on duty with the Marines and we set up clinics that supplied healthcare to the locals and did a lot of good work. I was a US Navy SARC/IDC (look it up) and I speak with some knowledge and authority. Our healthcare efforts never got one mention in the current media. We tried to bring reporters to the villages to see and possibly work with us and they would never go. They always said they could write their stories without going outside the military compounds. Yes there were problems but very few and war after all is dirty business and politics and the media are even worse. So, believe what you will if facts disturb your train of thought. We did not cut off any heads or torture anyone and we certainly did not rape any little girls. Your mindless accusations mark you a one of the new American faithful. But worry not, the rest of us will still take care of your rights as an American. You need not participate in the struggle to enjoy the privileges, you can stay at home with your friends.

Not fun to be on the wrong end of a stereotype is it? Atleast you know how most Muslims feel when they have nothing to do with extremism, but still get lumped in with them.

Trying to make the current Muslim extremists resemble Christian Crusaders is pathetic and irrelevant. None of those old Catholics will hurt you today. No one anywhere wants to eliminate a religion, except Muslim Extremists! From the same folks who love to say "Bush did it".

But the nice little guy down the street may be planning something. Australia was a great wake up call. Most of them are stupid and don't get to pull off their plan, but sooner or later they'll be here in YOUR town. When they blow up a McDonalds or shoot everyone at the bank it will be a real problem. These folks are in your country right now.

It'll be interesting how the flower children react then when their loved ones are being beheaded or whatever...

Obviously clueless.

I spent a year living in a dorm controlled by Opus Dei...they are certainly a cult, within the Catholic Church...I believe that extremism within in any religion is a cult....seriously, wrapping a thorned rosette around your leg to remind you of suffering, sleeping without sheets, and only a coarse wool blanket, giving all of your money to the church and receiving a stipend for living expenses, trying to spread your work to the lonely and confused.

The JW kid running around the school yesterday on the second last day of school telling all the little kids that Santa doesn't exist is just one little part of it.

I was there and you're way off base. But worry not, the rest of us will still take care of your rights as an American. You need not participate in the struggle to enjoy the privileges, you can stay at home with your friends.

Thank you for your service sir.
34.gif

It amazes me that since 9/11 so few people have educated themselves on extremism and Islam.

What an indictment on our media, and our desire to learn basic boring facts without injecting emotional biases. And worse, so many of our leaders want to see this in black and white terms, presumably so they would look decisive when explaining it to us.

I'm sure Sun Tzu has a quote about learning about your enemy that would apply to this.

Islamic extremism has it's root in Saudi Arabia's official education system where they teach the literal interpretation of the Koran. This has spread elsewhere eg Pakistan.

Ironically, I would say that the internet has helped spread the problem to the west, because you have young people (disillusioned for personal and political reasons including the Iraq war) getting their education from sources that appeal to their emotions and have been persuaded that only a direct and literal interpretation of the Koran is correct. They have been convinced and have convinced themselves that it is the only truth and that even fellow Muslims have hidden that truth from them.

If you watch this video, you'll start understanding the problem. It's of a mother who has been jailed for inciting terrorism and she reveals her thought process.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-30439913

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

Not fun to be on the wrong end of a stereotype is it? Atleast you know how most Muslims feel when they have nothing to do with extremism, but still get lumped in with them.

Exactly. But it was always mesmerizing to watch Jack Nicholson in a Few Good Men so we should be grateful for the reminder.

Originally Posted By: aa1986

Ironically, I would say that the internet has helped spread the problem to the west, because you have young people (disillusioned for personal and political reasons including the Iraq war) getting their education from sources that appeal to their emotions and have been persuaded that only a direct and literal interpretation of the Koran is correct. They have been convinced and have convinced themselves that it is the only truth and that even fellow Muslims have hidden that truth from them.

How is this internet amplification only stirring the emotions of evil vs the emotions of those who wish to root it out?

Really we have a barely sustainable pile of people on this planet and our body odor is getting on each others' nerves.

Please

Glass houses.

Remember My Lai Massacre ?

The lieutenant who ordered the killing of several hundreds civilians in My Lai village served only few years under house arrest.

You were in Vietnam and you forgot My Lai Massacre ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

The Mỹ Lai Massacre was the Vietnam War mass killing of between 347 and 504 unarmed civilians in South Vietnam on March 16, 1968. It was committed by U.S. Army soldiers from the Company C of the 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade of the 23rd (Americal) Infantry Division. Victims included men, women, children, and infants. Some of the women were gang-raped and their bodies mutilated.[2][3] Twenty-six soldiers were charged with criminal offenses, but only Lieutenant William Calley Jr., a platoon leader in C Company, was convicted. Found guilty of killing 22 villagers, he was originally given a life sentence, but served only three and a half years under house arrest.

Last edited:
^ Wait for the excuses on that one:

Mental instability because of the horrific war the communists were waging on them

It was in the fog of war

It's a minority, not reflective of the majority

You're ignoring all the good that others were doing

You're sullying the name of the ones who didn't do things like that

But if it's a black person or a muslim, then it's the opposite:

They are all like that.

They're not crazy, it's their religion that makes them like that.

It's their upbringing, they don't have the same values.

Sympathy vs condemnation. Light sentences vs heavy sentences. The evidence is right there if you're willing to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.