Tell us about your auto loan...

I was just curious if anyone would share there auto loan information (loan amount, payment terms, interest rate, etc.) I do not have an auto loan now but I have had many in the past.

My last one was for ~52k @ 3.9%, payment was $679 for 60 and then like a 19k balloon payment at the end. I paid it off a couple weeks ago, a week short of three years.

My wife's Jeep was about 36k @ 2.9%, payment was about $510 over 84 months. But again it was paid in about three years or so.

If you're going to get one, now is the time. Financing is low. Buy new. Used vehicle prices are scary.

Truck was $28K for 48 months. 2.65%.

I can pay it off, but for the rate and the payment, it really doesn't hit my monthly expense radar.

We had .99% for 36 months on the Outback, we still put some down but we figured it was better to keep our money working for us for a while atleast. Our payment was $750/month. I found it funny that the Focus was 3 months of Subaru payments.

Cash.

That being said, sometimes dealers want to jack up price if you don’t finance with dealer. I usually tell them to go pound salt, and find a dealer elsewhere.
In 07 Brandon Ford in Tampa, FL. was selling XL regular cab trucks for $14,650 + TTL. They had auto and 5 speed, with a/c and CD player radios, to pick from. There were about 250 on a lot up the road from the dealership. My son and I looked at about 15-20 before I decided on what I now drive. It had 6 miles on it.
I added cruise control and XLT wheels.
TRUCK4.jpg

Financed through dealer, 4.6% or thereabouts. I didn't care because I paid it off two weeks into the note.

Before I even got my first bill, I got a "notice of privacy policy" letter with my account number, so I made an ACH payment online.

Went with the loan in the first place to get what I felt was a good deal out of the dealer. The bank sent me a nice letter saying I paid it off but the state hadn't gotten them the title yet, so I'm in for a little more waiting for that. (y)

Back