Tell me about the 1st gen Cadillac CTS-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd purchase the car and set up a 6.0 for it. They're everywhere now, and with simple mods have enough torque in that size car to really surprise people. It's getting easier to find an aluminum block, too.

The rear end really isn't that much of an issue on a road course, it's the drag racers that blow them up most often.

A good friend did cam and heads on a 6.0 in a Silverado here locally and got a solid 100 hp on the dyno. That's a ton of gain for not much coin.

Originally Posted By: glock19
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
That's probably going to require more coin than I'm willing to spend here. I can get a very nice CTS-V for 16-18K with the LS2, put on the LS3 heads and intake and the power output goes up significantly. That's not even putting a cam in it
crazy2.gif
Cam, tune, and a blower? Not only cheap on an LSx, but reliable and stupid power. And as ls1mike noted, even if you do blow something up, replacement parts are dirt cheap and everywhere.

Just my personal preference, I would keep it NA (do everything but the blower). I love to see a car that is just a NA beast.

Yeah, I'll probably keep it N/A, I was just tossing out what's possible with one of these cars
smile.gif

That's probably going to require more coin than I'm willing to spend here. I can get a very nice CTS-V for 16-18K with the LS2, put on the LS3 heads and intake and the power output goes up significantly.

I believe the LS3/L92 heads have a larger chamber than 243s, 64cc vs 68-69.3cc (depending on who you believe). You could get them milled, you'd probably lose .010-.030" in PTV clearance though which might pose some PTV clearance issues if you want to run 230ish @ .050 (INT) cam on a 108 ICL or something.

It's an LS, slap a cam in it and just spray it till it blows then go get a junkyard L76, L99 or LS3 and repeat.
grin.gif
Best part about an LS, there are plenty of them in the junkyards.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
That's probably going to require more coin than I'm willing to spend here. I can get a very nice CTS-V for 16-18K with the LS2, put on the LS3 heads and intake and the power output goes up significantly.

I believe the LS3/L92 heads have a larger chamber than 243s, 64cc vs 68-69.3cc (depending on who you believe). You could get them milled, you'd probably lose .010-.030" in PTV clearance though which might pose some PTV clearance issues if you want to run 230ish @ .050 (INT) cam on a 108 ICL or something.

It's an LS, slap a cam in it and just spray it till it blows then go get a junkyard L76, L99 or LS3 and repeat.
grin.gif
Best part about an LS, there are plenty of them in the junkyards.
grin.gif

HAHAHHAHHA! I was waiting for this from you, LOL!

lol.gif
cheers3.gif

You knew it was coming.
grin.gif

lol.gif
cheers3.gif

You knew it was coming.
grin.gif

For sure!
cheers3.gif

I can picture the GM guys currently feeling the way we feel when somebody swaps an LSx into a Fox, LOL!

I doubt the GM die hards feel pity for this individual.
grin.gif

I can picture the GM guys currently feeling the way we feel when somebody swaps an LSx into a Fox, LOL!

I doubt the GM die hards feel pity for this individual.
grin.gif

LMAO!

The most intelligent Corvette owner I have ever seen:

DSC01255.jpg

If he is into losing...At least it is clean and he started with an awesome platform as compared to wasting an LS in Ford....

Kisses Ford guys!
smile.gif

smile.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
If he is into losing...At least it is clean and he started with an awesome platform as compared to wasting an LS in Ford....

Kisses Ford guys!
smile.gif

smile.gif
laugh.gif

He probably saw what Kolivas does with his SBF at 3400 lbs on 275 drag radials then looked at what Berry does with his custom billet block LS at 2700 lbs on 315 drag radials and realized the truth, SBF > LS when you want to make make some real big boy passes.
beer3.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Kisses Ford guys!
smile.gif

smile.gif
laugh.gif

He probably saw what Kolivas does with his SBF at 3400 lbs on 275 drag radials then looked at what Berry does with his custom billet block LS at 2700 lbs on 315 drag radials and realized the truth, SBF > LS when you want to make make some real big boy passes.
beer3.gif

The the Windsor block splits in half. It is nice though to be able to add over 100 cubes to a standard 302 block,although its not gonna go 300000 miles.
I like what fords doing with the extra cams anyways. Even though there isn't much I can personally do with them but 7300rpm on a 4v sure sounds nice.

Even though it's not pre-bailout, I'd seriously consider a 2009 unless it's just too expensive. They are much nicer/more attractive (IMHO) car overall and the LSA is fairly impressive with basic upgrades.

We had a 2009 CTS-V sedan on the dyno a few months back, with exhaust, pulley, and tune it made 550 rwhp through the auto. The interior was actually nice looking with better than decent material quality. Even as a Ford guy that car impressed me, not so much the dyno number itself (we had a stock cube 4.6 4V making 643 rwhp on 7 lbs with T-trim and a '07 Shelby making 630 on 14 with a roots on pump/no meth
grin.gif
) , but the dyno number in that overall package. Very nice.

Ouch. That must have hurt, eh?

But the LSA's are good runners that hold up well with minor mods and have so much midrange torque...

One of the few forced induction motors I like, they also have real throttle response, just like the GT500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back