Taxi Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. Lots.

(Remember my dad driving our huge Chrysler wagon with me, teenaged, in the passenger side rear, next to a coffin borrowed for a Halloween fund-raiser. No mistaking what it was as folks drove past and did double-takes at it and at our suits & ties. I almost got the old man to drive with the flashers on, but, naaaawww . . . )

A taxi passenger tapped the driver on the shoulder to ask him a question. The driver screamed, lost control of the car, nearly hit a bus, went up on the footpath, and stopped centimetres from a shop window.

For a second everything went quiet in the cab, then the driver said, "Look mate, don't ever do that again. You scared the daylights out of me!" The passenger apologized and said, "I didn't realize that a little tap would scare you so much. "The driver replied, "Sorry, it's not really your fault. Today is my first day as a cab driver. I've been driving a funeral van for the last 25 years."

We had a garage queen hearse at the shop for a year or so.
We had many great laughs when I hid in the coffin in back, as my partner brought unsuspecting people around for a look.
BTW, you can't just jump out... you have to SCREAM and jump out.
Much laundry was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back