Tatra 603 just sold on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Tatra 603 just sold on eBay for $12,900. Thankfully, that's larger than my checking account balance. Up until an hour before the auction closed, the car was dangerously attainable. I was seriously about to bid.

While it needs work, it's an amazing deal on an exotic classic.

Rear-mounted air-cooled hemi-head V8. Beautiful Czech aero styling. Twitchy and dangerous swing-axle rear suspension.

Yes please.

Link to eBay listing

603s are way cool...very ominous and "KGB"-looking. If Darth Vader was a communist, he'd drive one.
grin2.gif

I've found a couple of videos of these cars running and that little V8 sounded much bigger than it's 2.5L would imply.

Shoot; I am looking for a Czech-speaking acquaintance so that I can get help finding parts when I eventually obtain one of these awesome machines.

Wow - that's a cool car and in pretty good condition. At that low price you get a rare car with a lot of cool factor! On the bad side, I see some moron loaded it up with Amps and subwoofers, lol.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
On the bad side, I see some moron loaded it up with Amps and subwoofers, lol.

Definitely a shame on such a rare car. Good luck finding an OE radio for it, or OE wheels for that matter. I can't believe someone would hooptie it up and not save the original, practically irreplaceable parts.

It looks to be in good shape overall though. The air cooled V8 sounds pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back