Tar Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always used gasoline on a rag to remove! It's the cheapest by volume and I always have it on hand.

Of course, I always used the gas to remove tar when I was going to wash the vehicle anyway and have never hurt my paint.

ATMOF, even when using the gas to remove the tar and NOT washing the vehicle for a week, still didn't hurt the paint.
smile.gif

Great tips !! ...White paint is the worst for tar showing , store bought tar removal products I have previously bought DON'T work !!

I use baby oil to remove tar from my trucks, we haul asphalt for a living. Also its the best hand degreaser i have found. It melts all oil based substances. Next time you get your hands really greasy try the baby oil...you will be amazed.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
I use baby oil to remove tar from my trucks, we haul asphalt for a living. Also its the best hand degreaser i have found. It melts all oil based substances. Next time you get your hands really greasy try the baby oil...you will be amazed.

Originally Posted By: typ901
Use Mayo. Yes I typed mayo. Not joking, it works.

http://www.rd.com/home/car-care-and-cleaning-tips/

smile.gif
Indeed! I have also used WD40 or other similar spray lubes and they've worked wonderfully! Especially on baked on brake dust from aluminum wheels. That's another subject though!

Tarminator, cheap, designed to remove Tar, and works better than anything else I have tried except straight Xylene in certain situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back