Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody can talk big, but when asked to walk the talk not many are willing or incapable to back up the talk.

A refugee family from Damascus has swapped the [censored] of Syria's brutal civil war for the comfort and safety of a flat in the Vatican as guests of Pope Francis.

Few details of how the Christian family of four, a couple and two children, came to land in Italy on September 6, were released pending the outcome of the asylum request they have lodged with the Italian authorities.

But it was confirmed Friday that they have become the first of two families that Francis has vowed to find space for in the Vatican in line with his call for every one of the 120,000 Catholic parishes across Europe to take in at least one.

The family, members of the Melkite Greek Catholic Church, has been housed in a flat near St Peter's cathedral, a short walk from Francis's own modest boarding house accommodation and all the charms of Rome's historic centre.

Pop Francis is a little different than the rest of the world leaders. He called the Church in Europe to take a lead on the migration issue. He said "every parish, every religious community, every monastery, every sanctuary in Europe, should take part".

"Faced with the tragedy of tens of thousands of asylum-seekers fleeing death (as) victims of war and hunger who are hoping to start a new life, the gospel calls on us and asks us to be the neighbour of the smallest and the most abandoned, to give them concrete hope,"

This is not about religious, this is about someone who walk the talk and himself did an example for others to follow.

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-francis-puts-syrian-refugee-family-115438511.html#

I did read that there was a plan to do this.

But I have to wonder, was this 'Christian' family selected?

All the same, Good for Pope Frances
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
When are the rich Islamic nations going to pitch in? Is there a message here?

Well, there is this guy.

I just hope that in a few years these 'refugees' aren't making demands on their host countries....you know...like tying up traffic by kneeling in public streets to face mecca and demanding 'religious freedom' to do so....it's already happening in some places....

El Pappo won't meet with anyone in Kuba who might distress the "administration" of the Spanish elite Castros & company. He lacks real turnips.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
El Pappo won't meet with anyone in Kuba who might distress the "administration" of the Spanish elite Castros & company. He lacks real turnips.

Fidel and Raul Castro are two of the world's richest men.....communism has been very, very good to them.....

Is this a silent invasion into Christianity? These people will multiply. It may take a few years but it looks like an effective way to invade the infidels.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I just hope that in a few years these 'refugees' aren't making demands on their host countries....you know...like tying up traffic by kneeling in public streets to face mecca and demanding 'religious freedom' to do so....it's already happening in some places....

Where?

The main reason I posted this is "talk is cheap", doing the work is difficult. Pop Francis is not only calling his churches/followers to do the right thing(at least he thinks it is the right thing), he actually did it himself.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Where?

A short while back in Paris.

Fidel and Raul Castro are two of the world's richest men

What do you mean? In the top 10? Top 100? Top 1000? Top million?

And I suppose you can prove this?

Yes the Castro regime live in poverty like the rest of their fellow countrymen
smile.gif

Come on man
smile.gif

I dont believe your not saying that. But let's be real. They don't live in "equality" with their fellow citizens.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Is this a silent invasion into Christianity? These people will multiply. It may take a few years but it looks like an effective way to invade the infidels.

It's the other way round. Europe is full of agnostics and these people invited in by the pope are Christians!

Judging by the comments here, many here should be supporting these refugees.

draft_lens2282433module12746223photo_1227540490europefaithgraph.png

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Where?

A short while back in Paris.

Just looked it up. Doesn't seem like, if continued, it will end well for anyone. Muslims want more space to pray and are going about it completely wrongly. You can pray in your own home, facing the appropriate direction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back