Takata passenger air bag still going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole recall has been a giant cluster on the parts end. Getting parts from Ford is a pain, but returning the old ones is easy. Getting parts from Mazda is super easy, but I have over 400 sitting outside my back counter door on pallets and they refuse to take them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Once the repair is done, does anyone know if a reliable permanent record is kept on the computer at Ford so you can check if a used car has received the fix?

Yes it is in OASIS. If the recall was performed there will be no service campaigns listed.

My brother ignored recall letter and a Honda technician came to his house and did the recall work in his driveway.

I was very surprised Honda did this.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
My brother ignored recall letter and a Honda technician came to his house and did the recall work in his driveway.

Ford has a program for us to do this on certain Rangers that are in the "high risk" category. Of course Ford GTs can be done at the owner's houses, like the 06 Heritage owner I had come in for a battery last week with 20 miles on his GT.

The article references the 2010 MKZ, but I got a recall notice on mine a couple of years ago.

BTW, every time I call the dealer and ask about it, they tell me they still don't have it.

Originally Posted by bunnspecial
The article references the 2010 MKZ, but I got a recall notice on mine a couple of years ago.

BTW, every time I call the dealer and ask about it, they tell me they still don't have it.

We aren't allowed to stock those parts for the MKZ. There needs to be an open repair order and then we order by VIN.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

They came to our house too, but looking for the previous home owner. Didn't say why but I suspect it was for the recall judging by how well they didn't maintain the house when they owned it lol.

There are cars down here that have "Airbag Recall" in giant letters on the side. Uniforms with the same. They go door to door checking VIN numbers and leaving notices. Don't know who they represent, but it's interesting.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
There are cars down here that have "Airbag Recall" in giant letters on the side. Uniforms with the same. They go door to door checking VIN numbers and leaving notices. Don't know who they represent, but it's interesting.

California has started to not let people pay their registration of there is an open recall. It started with emissions related recalls and now I have had people say it was for safety ones also.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal

California has started to not let people pay their registration of there is an open recall. It started with emissions related recalls and now I have had people say it was for safety ones also.

So, what about people who CANNOT GET the recall done, because parts aren't available? (My co-worker waited over a year.) They now have to basically give away the car and replace it?

Aren't you still waiting on an airbag for your Mustang?

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by bdcardinal

So, what about people who CANNOT GET the recall done, because parts aren't available? (My co-worker waited over a year.) They now have to basically give away the car and replace it?

Aren't you still waiting on an airbag for your Mustang?

I was the first person in my dealer to get my airbag fixed for my year Mustang. We had a seed stock come in with no VINs attached and I brought my car into service before anyone else could be notified.

The DMV does have some leeway. If you can show a part is not available they will give you a grace period.

It's quite funny how the whole thing works. So now various governments are taking it upon themselves to "save" people form this safety hazard by denying them registration.

If a person went to jail over VW emission scandal and the manufacturer was forced to spend billions on a buyback program, why aren't we seeing people being arrested for something that have actually cost human life and forced manufacturers to buy the vehicles back? Just shows you how much they value human life despite their supposedly good intentions.

And where is the public outcry, as was seen with VW emission scandal? Nope, everyone is just plugging along, oftentimes praising their favorite brand to high heavens while sitting behind a literally ticking time bomb. Shows how much the public allowed themselves to be brainwashed.

Last edited:
I expect lots of that is because EVERYONE used Takata.

Like I said before "Charlie Foxtrot" is the absolute best description I can come up with for this recall. They have literally said they don't know what all the models are with affected inflators.

I expect lots of that is because EVERYONE used Takata.

Not to mention that they were still putting defective ones into new cars with the idea that they'd have to recall them eventually. They just didn't have any manufacturing capacity to build alternatives because there's just so many that can be produced and Takata supplied a large percentage of airbags. I believe the thinking was that they become unstable over time so the new ones are fine for a few years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back