Synthetic electric motor oil

Hanging out with the mice behind a fridge.😁
I am back on my endless search for perfection so I am looking for a better oil for plain bearings that won't gum as easily as Supco turbine oil in the zoom spout oiler.
I came across two products which may very well be the same product in different bottles sold by different companies.

One says

Liquid Bearings 100%-Synthetic Oil for All Fans, and Other Items Around The House, Never evaporates or Becomes Gummy, gets sluggish Fans Turning Easily (and Quietly!) Again! (1 oz. w/XL)​

It sounds great on paper but sometimes advertising gets a little carried away with their claims so just curious if anybody had any more information on this more personal experience especially with high temperature applications.

I have been using the Turbine oil with ZOOM spout for 35 years. I was tempted to go with a full synthetic oil 10 or 12 years ago but after some research found that the problem is not the oil but the fact that it is not in a closed environment so any oil you use will get gummy, not because the oil is evaporating or breaking down but because it picks up dust and debris over time and turns into a slurry.
I hate to say this but every once in a while I will over oil a bit and let the excess get slung off so it takes some of the dirt with it and them wipe up the excess. I dont like over oiling because I think it can cause more issues than it solves but if your careful about getting the excess off either by wiping or dry compressed air it can act as a cleaner.

I have been using the Turbine oil with ZOOM spout for 35 years. I was tempted to go with a full synthetic oil 10 or 12 years ago but after some research found that the problem is not the oil but the fact that it is not in a closed environment so any oil you use will get gummy, not because the oil is evaporating or breaking down but because it picks up dust and debris over time and turns into a slurry.
I hate to say this but every once in a while I will over oil a bit and let the excess get slung off so it takes some of the dirt with it and them wipe up the excess. I dont like over oiling because I think it can cause more issues than it solves but if your careful about getting the excess off either by wiping or dry compressed air it can act as a cleaner.
I know in a large part that is the main problem but I've got a few applications where I've seen it get really sticky when I disassemble the bearing and it doesn't appear to have much dirt intrusion.

I've been tempted to use the same 5W30 synthetic motor oil I use in my cars but I read a lot of conflicting information about whether or not detergent oils are okay on those types of bearings. On the one hand I've got a friend who's been using it for 20 years but then I've also read experts claiming that the detergents will cause the pores in the bearing to plug and cause it to fail.

I've been tempted to use the same 5W30 synthetic motor oil I use in my cars but I read a lot of conflicting information about whether or not detergent oils are okay on those types of bearings. On the one hand I've got a friend who's been using it for 20 years but then I've also read experts claiming that the detergents will cause the pores in the bearing to plug and cause it to fail.
Most electric motors with sintered sleeve bearings require a 30 grade non-detergent oil.

What exactly do the detergents do that's a problem?
If this sleeve bearing is a sintered bearing, particles of calcium and magnesium can infiltrate the pores.

If this sleeve bearing is solid steel, then no worries.

One problem with oil that has additives containing sulfur and phosphorus is the these chemicals can attack the copper motor windings if they were allowed to migrate into those windings..

If this sleeve bearing is a sintered bearing, particles of calcium and magnesium can infiltrate the pores.

If this sleeve bearing is solid steel, then no worries.

One problem with oil that has additives containing sulfur and phosphorus is the these chemicals can attack the copper motor windings if they were allowed to migrate into those windings..
Good to know thanks.
Would a synthetic air compressor oil be appropriate or would one of the products I mentioned in the OP be better?

The second one is

Anderol 465 Synthetic Bearing Oil for Blowers and Motors 1.7 Ounces​

It sounds equally good but is quite a bit more expensive. I'm that kind of person that's inclined to go with the more expensive product but I figured I'd see if anybody on here has experience or opinions or information about these or other similar products.
I'd go with this one since it is an ISO 68 fluid for sintered bearings, has a di-ester base, and made by LanXess.

IMG_20230622_164922627.jpg
I got it a few days ago and I've used it on a couple condenser fan motors and today I used it on a a particularly old dryer drum rollers and idler pulley. I'll know if it's a success in around 6 months.

Back