Synlube oil info, on Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see a tear downs of engines running that.

What is the solid particles they mention, Graphite?

Is that oil black out of the bottle?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Originally Posted By: hate2work
I might run Amsoil for that long with UOA and with a bypass.

Are you sure you watched the video? They are saying that Synlube is good for 100,000 miles.

Which Amsoil product would you run that long?

Yes I watched the vid......... There are a fair number of people running Amsoil for up to and over 100K out there with a bypass filter.

I don't know if I would on a car under warranty though......

No kidding? I'd be interested to read about these people...where can I see this info?

ZZMan wrote: "What is the solid particles they mention"

Johnny replied: "Graphite, moly, and teflon."

Actually, I think that the solids are colloidal metal oxides. In particular, I think that a colloidal silver oxide is/was used in one of there formulations. The MSDS lists metal oxides as a product of combustion and does not list any halogenated compounds. I conclude that there may not be any teflon.

From their website:

Product Description

SynLube™ is a synergetic blend of man-made liquid and solid chemically inert lubricants that are thermally stable from -65°F (-54°C) to over 500°F (260°C). The sub-micronic particles of Graphite, PTFE and MoS2 are colloidally suspended in a mixture of synthetic liquid lubricants.

I might run Amsoil for that long with UOA and with a bypass.

Are you sure you watched the video? They are saying that Synlube is good for 100,000 miles.

Which Amsoil product would you run that long?

Yes I watched the vid......... There are a fair number of people running Amsoil for up to and over 100K out there with a bypass filter.

I don't know if I would on a car under warranty though......

No kidding? I'd be interested to read about these people...where can I see this info?

Amsoil used to have a program that was for running the oil for extended drains. I can't find anything about it now though. Sometimes I see vehicles running around that are driven by Amsoil dealers. They have a sign saying they have over 100K on the Amsoil oil.......

I can't find anything on the Amsoil site.

Originally Posted By: GMorg
ZZMan wrote: "What is the solid particles they mention"

Johnny replied: "Graphite, moly, and teflon."

Actually, I think that the solids are colloidal metal oxides. In particular, I think that a colloidal silver oxide is/was used in one of there formulations. The MSDS lists metal oxides as a product of combustion and does not list any halogenated compounds. I conclude that there may not be any teflon.

I can't find an MSDS on line. What is the specific gravity?

Thanks Gmorg.

RELATIVE DENSITY, 15/4 °C: 0.867

No chlorine most likely. I thought that MAYBE this stuff might use some exotic fluorine base oil (Krytox) but that is very heavy. Up around 1.90.

Indeed, the MSDS states:
Quote:
This product is formulated with a synthetic hydrocarbon as the base stock.

So their claims of a totally inert base oil is bogus, from their own documentation. It also shows ZDDP which is far from inert.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Don't think I've ever seen an 8-page MSDS before.

Dazzle them with data!
LOL.gif

how much is the filtration for a vehicle using the synlube? were is the catalog? I looked at the site a few years back and I was stuck there awhile, I could not find product application search so I never went back, afraid to look again. anyone seen what Im talking about?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Don't think I've ever seen an 8-page MSDS before.

That just means it was written by a bunch of academics. They used large fixed-width fonts with lots of white space on the page (an old trick to make one's term paper look longer than it really is).

Here is an interesting quote from the MSDS (no sure if anyone mentioned this before):

Quote:
This product is formulated with a synthetic hydrocarbon as the base stock. The Mobil Environmental and Health Sciences Laboratory has tested representative synthetic base stocks to assess their potential adverse effects on human health.

Does that mean they get their base stock from Mobil (now ExxonMobil).

Originally Posted By: GMorg
My guess is that it means that Mobil Environmental and Health Sciences Lab did the study.

Yes, but is that Mobil Oil (now part of ExxonMobil). If so, why would Mobil be testing a product that is not theirs?

Originally Posted By: EMPIRE
good synthetics wont break down.... we already know that. its the other additives that suck balls and do break down.

Nonsense.

Oxidation, which takes place in synthetic lubes more slowly than in conventional lubes, is a break down at the molecular level.

I think it is interesting that it is a 5w-50. It appears to work.

**Being it's color starts out black, how do you tell if it is dirty?.........
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back