Switching oil

I bought a 2018 charger brand new and have had the oil changed by dealership ever since. I recently just happen to look at one of the receipts and noticed the oil was basically conventional by the part numbers. Car has 25k on it now. Would it be safe to switch to a blend or a full synthetic at this point. It’s the 5.7 hemi. Why they were not using blend or synthetic beats me

thank you
I could never find anything in the manual about the oil except that it recommended oil that meets this ms-6395.
Nothing else about blend or full synthetic. I know GM has that Dexos ratings. I would prefer a blend at least.

Any recommendation on which oil to switch to? Been a valvoline fan most of my life I guess. 5w-20 I believe it calls for.
Valvoline is excellent oil. Maybe the Max Life formula that’s what I use in my Escape. I’m a Castrol and Valvoline fan. And occasionally I’ll throw Pennzoil in the sump too. Valvoline is great stuff so I suggest it if that’s what you like.

Any recommendation on which oil to switch to? Been a valvoline fan most of my life I guess. 5w-20 I believe it calls for.
It is a little pricier than most, but I swear by Valvoline Modern Engine (ME) oil. I use 5W30 in my Infiniti Q60 w/3.0L TT V6 (VR30). I change oil & filter every 5-6K miles, mostly to control fuel dilution (vs oil degradation). ME has a great dispersant package to control soot, and you can tell because the oil at the end of the OCI is a dark honey color (vs black). It also is formulated to minimize carbon deposits on DI engines. My engine runs quiet, despite 4-valve heads, DOHC, and cam actuators. Great UOA results, especially for wear metals (Fe, Al, and Cu). No need for adding "make-up" oil between changes, either.

I typically order the 3-pack of oil from walmart.com:

Valvoline ME 5W30 Oil

It is a little pricier than most, but I swear by Valvoline Modern Engine (ME) oil. I use 5W30 in my Infiniti Q60 w/3.0L TT V6 (VR30). I change oil & filter every 5-6K miles, mostly to control fuel dilution (vs oil degradation). ME has a great dispersant package to control soot, and you can tell because the oil at the end of the OCI is a dark honey color (vs black). It also is formulated to minimize carbon deposits on DI engines. My engine runs quiet, despite 4-valve heads, DOHC, and cam actuators. Great UOA results, especially for wear metals (Fe, Al, and Cu). No need for adding "make-up" oil between changes, either.

I typically order the 3-pack of oil from walmart.com:

Valvoline ME 5W30 Oil

Why would they use Syn or a blend? Is syn required? Just pick an oil of your choice that meets the specs and is from a major oil compasny, Shell. Mobil, Chevron etc because oil is oil.

Unless a manufacturer specifically says a car must use synthetic oil, when you go to the dealership for an oil change, and don't ask them to use synthetic, they by default use regular oil. Some will try to upsell you, for extra profit, but not all. If you change it regularly, do you really need synthetic? Sure it's nice to use, but not a must have item. But changing from regular oil to synthetic at any time is just fine.

Back