Switching back to synth

Status
Not open for further replies.
1999 Hyundai Elantra 2.0L. Oil & filter changes every 3000kms (1875 mi). After the factory fill, it had 2 OCI's of synthetic, and since then, nothing but dino.

Currently have 39,000kms on motor, and I'm thinking of switching back to full synth and going to a longer 6000km (3750 mi) OCI.

Should I do an Autorx of the engine before switching to synth or do you believe my short OCI's on dino should have kept my engine relatively clean?

canada.gif

I would just put in the syn and go from there. With your maintenance history, you should be fine without any flush or cleaning.

6K seems like a very short oci for a SYN. Why not go to 10K??

As you can see, I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles (39000kms in 5 years is low), and a lot of it is city driving. So, I would only be changing my oil once a year with a 10000km OCI.

quote:

Originally posted by Audioquest:
As you can see, I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles (39000kms in 5 years is low), and a lot of it is city driving. So, I would only be changing my oil once a year with a 10000km OCI.

Ok, I see. I've heard Petro Canada puts out some really good, cheap GPIII syns up there. True?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back