Suzuki Forenza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Yeah, I would like that too, except I would have to go more than double the mileage to get a Corolla in that price range
What's wrong with that? I'd buy a $6,000 10 year old Corolla with 200,000 miles ANY day before I would buy a $3,000 8 year old Daewoo with 10,000 miles. JUNK.

Originally Posted By: Azeem
It's not a bad car for somebody who can turn wrenches especially considering how affordable they are for the miles and the make year.

Automatics'ZF 4HP16" are more reliable than the manual transmission gear box"D20" which is the Daewoo version of the Getrag F20.But they are plagued with the transmission range sensor,$30 part, which goes out once every 2 years give or take.

I'd not hesitate to buy one for the right price.

That's what I wanted to know. I'm okay with the ZF design, I'm just not certain about how well Daewoo copied it.
The manuals I have driven were almost as bad as the 1st gen Kia Sephia. It's amazing how badly Kia could copy a Mazda design.
The Daewoo-zuki I looked at was remarkably clean and had all the wearout stuff replaced already for cheap. She would get to keep a good chunk of her settlement.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Maybe go with a more mainstream odd car? PT Cruiser? Can't be too much more than a Forenza. Or I suppose the newest Neon you can find? $1-2k in savings on the Daewoo can get burned up pretty quick if she has to take it to a mechanic often.

If the PT Cruiser recently had its timing belt changed.
21.gif
I should've kept ours. It would have come in handy.

My mom drove my sister's Subaru. She said she didn't want to drive that ever again.
crazy.gif
It goes from my sister saying that it was the most stable car she has ever driven to my mom hating it.

Needless to say, the Daewoo-zuki was an absolute no-go if she doesn't like the Subaru.

She drove delivery trucks ranging from Isuzu pickups and Tacomas to Rangers and S10s to liftgate equipped Silverado 2500HDs for the last 20+ years before retiring. I thought she would feel more comfortable in a pickup but she felt like she had spent enough time driving those.

I think I found the perfect car for her and her price range:

KIMG0054.jpg

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 3800. (as I understand it, the N/A 3800 is an LT and the Supercharged 3800 is an SS in 2005)

Comfortable, stable, as safe as any domestic 2005 coupe and I think they are very classy.

3800 looks like it has the wire retainer recall performed. No visible leaks on the valve covers at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back