Surface / Surface Pro Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has one of these and problems with it connecting to your peripherals properly or intermittent weird issues be advised that there is a firmware update tool from Microsoft.

I use this docking station for work and have had connectivity issues with my mouse/keyboard and dual monitor setup that would show up intermittently and the update fixed it. Just wanted to post it here in the event it might help others encountering the same issue.

[Linked Image]

Tool for download to update the Firmware: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46703
Download this file from the list: Surface_Dock_Updater_v2.22.139.0.msi

Run the file once downloaded to install the application and then run the application from your start menu called "Microsoft Surface Dock Updater"

During the update it will have you disconnect and re-connect the dock a few times.

cheers3.gif

Our computers here. (My boss and I use this dock), both had issues and windows is showing up to date. It might have to do with us being Enterprise and not home users so this update was needed for us.

Dell has also switched away from the drop in port replicator dock to these docks. I do not like them much due to issues and be on lookout for network hiccups if you use a wired network into the dock. In which case run the wire directly to the laptop. Updating BIOS on these and laptop are more necessary then used to be.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kawiguy454
Dell has also switched away from the drop in port replicator dock to these docks. I do not like them much due to issues and be on lookout for network hiccups if you use a wired network into the dock. In which case run the wire directly to the laptop.

Funny enough I haven't had any issues with the network and my office is the furthest away from the switch/server closet. I'm connected currently at 1gbps through the dock which is funny because our internet connection until the upgrade is only 1mbps. Yeah it's an old T1 connection that we all share soon to be upgraded to Fibre. At least the file transfers to/from our server are fast even if the internet is really slow.

Last edited:
I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (6th gen) with a Thunderbolt 3 dock (USB-C form factor). Works super good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back