Supper Tonight With Dessert Afterwards

I know how some of you like to see Cajun food, so I made boiled shrimp tonight, with corn on the cob (the long corn is fresh picked sweet corn), and small red potatoes. I made a cheesecake earlier today for dessert. Last night I cut up a lb. of whole strawberries and added sugar to make the syrup.
I invited a female friend to enjoy this meal with me.
C'est Si Bon!

Attachments

• BOILED SHRIMP.jpg
    BOILED SHRIMP.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 33
  • CH CAKE.jpg
    CH CAKE.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 33
Cheesecake with strawberry’s is Heaven !!!!!

BlueOval

How far south do you live to get fresh stuff in March
FRESH CORN ???😳😳😳

Cheesecake with strawberry’s is Heaven !!!!!

BlueOval

How far south do you live to get fresh stuff in March
FRESH CORN ???😳😳😳
I live in CenLa. There is someone ALWAYS growing sweet corn, cabbage, greens, onions, broccoli, etc., around here. Some have indoor greenhouses and grow vegetables all year round.
Corn growing season is just around the corner here for the farmers. They will be growing corn, soybeans, or milo. Some grow all 3. Sugar cane is very plentiful here too. Cotton is as well, but it's very expensive.

Been working too much lately, but I am headed over to Beaumont to Gator Country for "Crawfish Nights" and live music this coming weekend!

https://www.gatorrescue.com/

Laissez le bon temps rouler!
That place seems very interesting. I wonder how well their crawfish are seasoned? I wouldn't mind visiting there.
They offer swamp tours. I wonder how much they charge for that? Come to my neck of La. and I will let you use my Pirogue to look at all the swamp you want to. FREE! ;)

That place seems very interesting. I wonder how well their crawfish are seasoned? I wouldn't mind visiting there.
They offer swamp tours. I wonder how much they charge for that? Come to my neck of La. and I will let you use my Pirogue to look at all the swamp you want to. FREE! ;)
Thanks man. I was "born on the bayou" in Port Arthur, TX. Grew up listening to the "Cajun Bandstand" on Dads radio. The owner of Gator Country is a friend of mine. Years ago, I coached his daughter on my softball team. Gator Country used to be on cable TV, Gary and his crew would rescue gators that showed up in people swimming pools or ditches in their neighborhood. Check them out.

I have so much respect for Gary. He is a true conservationist. Instead of mindlessly "chooting dem" gators and laughing hysterically about the slaughter like others do , Gary would preserve and protect the wayward gators.

I would like to meet up with you sometime and hang out. I go to Prairieville several times a year, and we follow McNeese St. football all over LA. Lets do it. (y)

Thanks man. I was "born on the bayou" in Port Arthur, TX. Grew up listening to the "Cajun Bandstand" on Dads radio. The owner of Gator Country is a friend of mine. Years ago, I coached his daughter on my softball team. Gator Country used to be on cable TV, Gary and his crew would rescue gators that showed up in people swimming pools or ditches in their neighborhood. Check them out.

I have so much respect for Gary. He is a true conservationist. Instead of mindlessly "chooting dem" gators and laughing hysterically about the slaughter like others do , Gary would preserve and protect the wayward gators.

I would like to meet up with you sometime and hang out. I go to Prairieville several times a year, and we follow McNeese St. football all over LA. Lets do it. (y)
Okay, we can do that sometime.
Geaux Cowboys! (Rowdy the mascot)

Back