Supertech Oil levels

Here is how to tell who makes it...

This is incorrect info. SuperTech is made by Warren Distribution a 90+ year old company, not Warren oil. Two different companies. Same oil as Costco's Kirkland and Amazon Basic. Good oil period.

Last edited:
I just noticed Supertech has 4 flavors of oil

Flavor #1
All Mile- A synthetic blend rated 1 star

Flavor #2
Full Synthetic- A step up!

Flavor #3
High Miles

Flavor #4
Advanced Full Synthetic! ...and a premium price for about the same as premium name brands like Mobil 1 and Valvoline. 4 gold stars are placed next to this one!

View attachment 116600
I will believe all marketing claims by Super Tech from now on because they gave even their flagship oil a mediocre rating for extreme-temperature protection. That is humble. All other companies give their flagship oils four stars in all categories. ;)

I haven’t checked the prices of ST lately but in the spring they had crept up into “name brand” levels. And because of that I stopped shopping/looking at Super Tech. No need if I can pay the same, or near the same, for Mobil1 or whatever. So that’s what I’ve been doing - Mobil1 EP 0W20 for 10,000 mile intervals - which is something previously I’d never consider doing...but so far so good.

I guess my goal was to place myself back into the previous ST price range, and I did that by buying Mobil1 EP and extending my interval to 10,000 miles (compared to 5,000). Sounds like a good idea, but it won’t be if my engine is worn out at 150,000 miles. 😁 But my UOA came back looking outstanding. And I don’t think I’ll ever go back to Super Tech. Then again I’ve said that sort of stuff before, and when price/demand/whatever, returns...I go back. 🤣🤣🤣
It has calmed back down. The really expensive line they introduced didn't work out and the pries are back to where they were.

ST in 2 of my older/more basic teenager vehicles, use the basic 10K syn one. No drama. $20 is the same price basically as QS so getting into name-brand territory so the value proposition isn't what it was when it was $15.

Last edited:
This is incorrect info. SuperTech is made by Warren Distribution a 90+ year old company, not Warren oil. Two different companies. Same oil as Costco's Kirkland and Amazon Basic. Good oil period.
I don't know how I missed this news. Thanks @PimTac :

CHICAGO – October 8, 2020 – Pritzker Private Capital (“PPC”), a leader in family direct investing, announced today that it has signed definitive agreements to acquire Highline Aftermarket Holdings, LLC (“Highline”), a leading national distributor of automotive aftermarket products that is majority owned by The Sterling Group, and Warren Distribution, Inc. (“Warren”), a leading manufacturer of private label lubricants and automotive chemicals that is majority owned by Chairman and CEO Bob Schlott. PPC and co-investors are investing alongside members of the Highline and Warren management teams. The companies will be combined upon closing of the transaction, which is expected by December 2020

They clearanced it out everywhere 2 summers ago, I wonder what price it'd ring up for at your store, they blew it out around here for like $3 or $4/jug .
Checked my local store and they are no longer going to carry 0w-16. They claim there is no demand for it. They had 2 qts in stock.

My WM had maybe 5 jugs total of ST oil last week. Settled on Quaker State FS HM for $19.97. I'm sort of glad the ST stockout got me to notice a good name brand oil at a good price. It is on the thin side though so probably won't buy it again unless forced to.

Back