I just noticed Supertech has 4 flavors of oil

Flavor #1
All Mile- A synthetic blend rated 1 star

Flavor #2
Full Synthetic- A step up!

Flavor #3
High Miles

Flavor #4
Advanced Full Synthetic! ...and a premium price for about the same as premium name brands like Mobil 1 and Valvoline. 4 gold stars are placed next to this one!

Screenshot_20220911_164318_Chrome.jpg

4 stars must be special.there is a uoa running the Supertech syn in some kind of Ecoboost with great results if a uoa is a true indicator of great results.

Last edited:
I just noticed Supertech has 4 flavors of oil

Flavor #1
All Mile- A synthetic blend rated 1 star

Flavor #2
Full Synthetic- A step up!

Flavor #3
High Miles

Flavor #4
Advanced Full Synthetic! ...and a premium price for about the same as premium name brands like Mobil 1 and Valvoline. 4 gold stars are placed next to this one!

View attachment 116600
Yup, and $21 for one flavor and almost $27 for another flavor: I’ll use Mobil 1 or even Providence blend at $14

My 2 local WM's now only carry the high priced Advanced FS. They went from using entire rack of shelves to one half of a shelf. Very disappointing. I'm making the switch to QSUD 5w-40 Euro.

I haven’t checked the prices of ST lately but in the spring they had crept up into “name brand” levels. And because of that I stopped shopping/looking at Super Tech. No need if I can pay the same, or near the same, for Mobil1 or whatever. So that’s what I’ve been doing - Mobil1 EP 0W20 for 10,000 mile intervals - which is something previously I’d never consider doing...but so far so good.

I guess my goal was to place myself back into the previous ST price range, and I did that by buying Mobil1 EP and extending my interval to 10,000 miles (compared to 5,000). Sounds like a good idea, but it won’t be if my engine is worn out at 150,000 miles. 😁 But my UOA came back looking outstanding. And I don’t think I’ll ever go back to Super Tech. Then again I’ve said that sort of stuff before, and when price/demand/whatever, returns...I go back. 🤣🤣🤣

Navi

Im not sure if each of these versions are made by Warren. When looking at their Mag1 oil line I dont see some of these versions. When I go by Walmart I will take a look at the bottle and photo it.

Im not sure if each of these versions are made by Warren. When looking at their Mag1 oil line I dont see some of these versions. When I go by Walmart I will take a look at the bottle and photo it.
The ID markings on the ST bottles have been gone for a while so there is no way of telling who is making it. I still believe it's Warren Distribution.
Warren Distribution will custom make any oil you desire.

Shel_B

Site Donor 2022
If you have a vehicle saved on the Walmart website sometimes it will filter out results.
I learned that a while ago and no longer have a vehicle saved. I just searched again and other brands of 0W-16 came up but nothing for ST.

Highline Warren is involved with many brands. It’s like alphabet soup whether in the manufacturing or distribution of.

Thanks for the URL!
I don't think Highline manufacturers anything. They are still listing all the old products that Warren Distribution actually manufactured (assembled) and they still list Council Bluffs, Iowa on their map.
BTW: I think WM is clearing their present stock of WD SuperTech oil while they search for a new manufacturer.. My 2 WM's only carry the 0w-20, 5w-30 and 10w-30 Advanced oil. The other products are available on line. Just my speculative brain at work there. :)