Supertech oil filters compared to Wix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more expensive carquest is the = to the Wix, the other is made by Wix, just different materials. Same for the NAPA, the gold is the same as the Wix, the Silver is the cheaper one.

As several have said above, order online and get them for about $4-5/filter.

Wix manufactures the premium (expensive) Carquest filters. They are physically identical to Wix Filters except for the graphics/labeling/packaging, because they are made with the same components, using the same processes, in the same facilities as Wix filters.

Carquest does not normally sell/stock Wix BRANDED filters. Next visit, ask the counter guy who makes their premium filters.

Same for NAPA branded filters.

For an on line source, hit rockauto.com . The ProTec filters listed are made by Wix, and appear to be identical to the NAPA silver line... a good entry level filter. 1.50 each..

My 1/2 a brain tells me to pay 1/2 as much
sometimes 1/4 as much so I use Purolators from
Pepboys, STs and STPs. The other 1/2 a brain decised what to spend my savings on.

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
Pete, does Wix make carquests cheaper filter too?

The cheaper of the two lines of carquest filters are labeled dana corp on the box.

Joel

quote:

Originally posted by beanoil:
Both Wix and the ST are proven to remove 98% of all dog chow supplements in single pass testing.

lol.gif
.....that's great, beanoil

The one dog forum today remind me of this thread. Fortunately worrying about not using the right filter won't make your car throw a rod. You can indeed worry your dog sick over what you are feeding it.

I think some of the dog owners, like some here, are still fighting the problems of the 50's by concocting their own mixtures. People rave about an expensive hard to find dog chow, and then add supplements to it. That is like adding Slick 50 to GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back