Supertech oil filter..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for the filter for my 93 Chevy Lumina (sedan 3.1) and i am just wondering if anyone knows anywhere on the internet i can find what filter i need or if anyone knows off hand which one it is..

I searched high and low and could not find any official info on the internet about Supertech products.

Looks like your Lumina takes a Purolator L10111, which is another cheap option for ya if you have a Kragen, Adavance auto Parts, or PepBoys around.

ST numbers are the same as Frams. ST8A is a FL1A ..is a PH8a.

ST filters are made by Champion Labs. Look up Ecore on the internet and you find stuff.

Those are Ford numbers triple7.
confused.gif

From the Fram site for a 93 Lumina:

PH3387A --
Tough Guard® TG3387A --
Double Guard® DG3387A --
Extended Guard® XG3387A

A longer version, by using Baldwin's site xref'd to Fram:
PH3980

So, his ST filter should be an ST3387 ..with maybe an "a" after it. A longer ST, if available, would be an ST3980
dunno.gif

Yep gary allan ur right, for some reason for the 93 lumina they list the ST3387, but its tiny as all heck, so i searched for a 92 lumina and 3980 showed up and it was about 2 1/2 times the size so i got it. Thanks guys.

Why do you think there is a sticky listing at the top of the forum of who to call?

Call Champion Laboratories, as they make the Super Tech product line:

1-800-882-0890

Super Tech is not --online....Walmart does not have an online automotive catalog cross reference.

Instead of others guessing or trying to help by claiming this or that part number from another brand fit the engine and this is the larger one, people will find that those on the other end of the toll free numbers also have that information.

And, at least at Champ, the tech hot line also has a list of which filters are larger or shorter that you can use.

But they will use the disclaimer, as will all filter companies, that the warranty only covers the filter---cataloged---- for your engine.

My wife has a 1993 Chevy Lumina and it also takes the 3387A or ST3387A as listed in any application book. I put on a 3980, which is just a bit longer than the 3387A. But, as filter guy points out, this is not the recommend for your car. Thread size and gasket size are literally identical. On my Buick PA I have the Mobil 1 equivalent of the 3980. I looked in WIX website and the RECOMMENDED listing for that car is the 51040 WIX which is the short version, which has a nominal micron rating of 19, 7-9 gpm flow. The longer version of the 3387A, the 3980 crosses at the WIX number to be a 51036 with a nominal micron rating of 25, flow of 7-9 gpm. Interesting. You go longer with more capacity in the WIX 51036 but gave up a bit of tighter filtration. That really doesn't make any sense. With the longer filter, more Cubic Inch surface area, you should be able to get by with the tighter filter and still realize the 7-9 gallon minute flow. With the shorter filter I would have expected it to have a more porous filter media because of it's reduced filtering area.

WAL-BLART'S SUPER-TECH BRAND OIL FILTERS ARE MADE BY CHAMPION LABS...

OTHER CHAMPION LABS OIL FILTER PRODUCTS:
STP
DEUTSCH
BOSCH
MOBIL 1
AC DELCO

Sorry...I was typing while in an area with a loud TV blaring and alot of people talking loudly...I must have subconsciously been trying to type louder so I could be heard...HAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back