SuperTech - Help! - What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Anduril
Originally Posted by Toros
Why hasn't anyone heard of this type of thing before? Literally thousands of people posting oil changes on this site and this is the only occurrence? Not buying it.

It has happened to me, also with Supertech oil. There wasn't water in the jug, but someone else's used oil.

No it has not.

Originally Posted by Env1ous
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Env1ous
Originally Posted by Jesse_NE
I've taken open containers of Wal-Mart branded Eucerin I use for winter dry skin back because I didn't like it. I was honest, had a receipt, and they gave me a refund no questions asked.

That is honest. Completely different than someone putting used oil or water back into a container and passing it off as brand new.

This opens up a huge can of worms. Should we have the right to return anything we don't like? Food? Underwear ?

The oil swap is fraud. The breakfast cereal I didn't like is a learning experience and I wouldn't buy it again.

My point was there is a difference between being honest and them choosing to accept a return and someone deceiving and returning used oil to put back on the shelf for other customers. When you return your underwear, I *hope* they do not put them back lol (again, their discretion)

Yes Walmart certainly has a training issue with their returns in customer service.

Both Wal-Mart and Costco take back virtually anything. I had a friend once a decade ago who bought a plasma TV from Costco for about 4 grand, then it went on sale three months later so they gave $600 back, then another year later he decided to flat out give it back because a new model was out and they gave him the original 4k back
crazy.gif

The problem with this stuff is now everyone expects it everywhere. Once something is opened I will not return it unless it is defective.

In my experience you mostly experience this problem at Walmart. My theory is that the company is so huge, the staff so obviously underpaid, and the stores so cold and unfriendly that people feel no personal connection to anything there. The staff are obviously not treated very well in most of them, and they have little incentive to do conscientious work. I have found used oil filters put neatly back into the box, and often I have found the wrong item in a box. Unfortunately, Walmart does often have the lowest prices and best selection of basic stuff I need, so I continue to shop there, but I would much rather give my business to a friendly local store run by a knowledgeable owner or staff person who takes pride in his work. These places are few and far between, but they do exist. Strangely, my local Walmart's car service department is well run and has an intelligent manager who knows her stuff. One time I had them replace a tire pressure sensor and I later had to return because another sensor was leaking air. The manager came out to me and apologized for not spotting the other sensor and she showed me why they missed it due to a hairline crack that apparently was just ready to go. She replaced the second sensor for just the parts, no labor. I could see her through the glass window explaining to several other staff how to properly test the sensors and check for leaks and they were obviously listening. They take the care to do a good job. They are one of the best local places to go for basic car maintenance needs, tires, batteries, etc. You get far better service and products there than at any local car dealer. There are one or two local independent garages that are good too, but only when you need repairs--don't go there to get a reasonable price on an oil change, like you can at our local Walmart.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Both Wal-Mart and Costco take back virtually anything. I had a friend once a decade ago who bought a plasma TV from Costco for about 4 grand, then it went on sale three months later so they gave $600 back, then another year later he decided to flat out give it back because a new model was out and they gave him the original 4k back
crazy.gif

The problem with this stuff is now everyone expects it everywhere. Once something is opened I will not return it unless it is defective.

If you want a good deal on a TV go to Costco a few days after superbowl. People buy giant TV's for their superbowl parties then return them after the game.

This topic has reached its conclusion.

It's up to the manufacturers and Walmart to fix this not BITOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back