SuperTech Filters...Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by 94MaxGXE:
I think super tech oil filters are junk. Never seen one that the anti drain back valve worked properly. Want to get weird looks at the store? Put that filter up to your mouth and suck to see how easily the ADV releases, then blow to see if it seals properly. Have not found a ST yet that seals when u blow. All other consumer brand {PUR, Fram, WIX, Motrocraft .ect} seal and let no air pass......
I will just keep spending that extra $1 for a WIX or Purolator thanks.......

But would you say they are better than Fram, if yes that is enough for me to buy them.

I drill a hole in the base of the old filters to aid in the removal of the oil before discarding. I noticed the SuperTech has a very thin can compared to what I am use to. That being the K&N or Motorcraft.

If they are junk then show me the lab resaults that say they are junk. I would rather go by that than your suck and blow methode. The truth is that it is the opinion of the user. I have seen several people on here say one filter is better than the other but cant provide test data from an independant lab that proves a thing. I personally think that ST work well on my vehicle. i have used 2 so far and no problem. also for those who wont buy it because they are made in mexico sorry to tell ya that you will be hard pressed to find allot of items that are made in america and cost effective. Dont get me wrong im all for buying american but dont say things are inferior because they are made in another country

Well I have used them for the last three years ( about 16-18 filters)and they are good, very good. I don't care who or where they are made, they are better than Fram, and 5 times cheaper.

Although every Champion filter that I cut open was very well built, I have yet to find a Champion filter with a properly working anti drainback valve. I still would pick a Supertech/STP over any Fram or Napa Silver filter
smile.gif
-Joe

[ October 24, 2003, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: joee12 ]

cool.gif
Just changed the oil in my wife's car, 99 Grand Am 4 cyl., last week. Was getting some valve clatter at start-up with Mobil 1 5w-30 and an AC filter but I'm not really sure if it did that all the time or just because it was close to change time (5k). I put an M1 filter on this time and the noise is gone but I'll see how it is in another 5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back