SuperTech Filter Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried searching but not great success. Anyway how long can a SuperTech last safely in your opinion. I'd like to use 6month/7500 mile OCI with Mobil 1 in a 203k mile 95 Civic in great running condition. Previously used 4-5k OCI dino with whatever filter (including Fram's).

From my disection of one, it appears that it is the same media as the AC Delco, but can have slightly less media when the fitler is of the exact same size (st3593a and 1127 are slightly different, so the st filter has more media).

I can't say if it will last 7.5k miles, but I think it should. If you are planning on going that long, why not buy a filter that is of higher quality, like a pure one or wix (napa gold).

http://www.bergware.net/tmbwww/oilfilter89honda.html

Remember when you swap over to do one shorter synthetic interval as it may cause the oil/filter to get dirtier more quickly. I'd say at least change the filter at 3.5k or so and top off with oil.

It has almost as much area as most others, and the design is good. I'd usually prefer a silicone ADBV for longer drains, but it would probably be just fine. I your worried about it, you could change it half way through and still come out cheaper. What kind of car, and what kind of oil?

-T

quote:

Originally posted by Thomas Pyrek:

Remember when you swap over to do one shorter synthetic interval as it may cause the oil/filter to get dirtier more quickly. I'd say at least change the filter at 3.5k or so and top off with oil. [/QB]

I have noticed the oil is a bit dirtier (appears darker at least) than usual for new oil. I was sure if not oil was drained out completely or Mobil 1 loosens up things?

youre civic is made for 15,000 mile over filter changes, so if the supertech is made to whatever honda specs, it should be good for 15,000 miles.

Paint completely rusted off after 14months(RI salted roads). But, inside still looked good. Engine runs great.
Oh well! Gotta remember to change it more often. $2 buys coffee and donut--filter or coffee, guess which one lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back