SuperTech 50/150

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dumped about a half a gallon of 50/50 mix SuperTech into my DexCool filled resevoir in my '03 Bonneville. The labeling stated it was compatible with ANY anti freeze of ANY color, and was good for up to 150k miles. I'm assuming this SuperTEch was nothing more than DexCool in Green, correct? Great buy at $3.99 / gallon undiluted vs $7.99/gallon Prestone DexCool pre-mixed 50/50.

Your choice is perfectly compatible, 3putter. I'm convinced it's exactly the same as Prestone's new yellow-jug brew, and chemically the same as Prestone's gray-silver jug "GM DEX-COOL Approved" orange juice. All three use the same "OAT" inhibitor package. The SuperTech and the Prestone yellow jug have the same 8+1 production/date code format, both pour yellow-green from the jugs, and both share much of the wording regarding the features on the back labels. The Prestone "GM DEX-COOL Approved" fluid carries the GM trademarked name and is dyed orange, so you pay dearly for that GM trademarked name because Prestone does, too. (Even Havoline 50/150 says "GM DEX-COOL Approved", now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back