SUPER TECH OIL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question. Was in wal mart tonight to get few groceries and wiper blades and some SUPER TECH 5w20 for the Civic. So, SUPER TECH is in the PA area, 9$ for 5qt jug. Question is most of the conventional grades even diesel oil and tractor fluid, etc instead of the WPP on the bottom, they had WNE letters on bottom. Any clue to what this is? Still made by WARREN?

Originally Posted By: daman
Yes both i believe are Warren(WPP and WNE)

i dont know about diff areas nor do i know about st full syn, but all others dino/blend its obvious its xom in my area

I know from reading older posts that if it says WPP its WARREN PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS, not EXXON MOBIL. If it truly was exxon mobil, the bottle would be the same shape as a exxon mobil 1 bottle. How do I know this, cause my dad has like 50 5qt jugs of SUPER TECH 10W30 from the late 90's, early 2000's and the jug is exactly same shape as mobil 1 jug.

Plus currently if you look at WARRENS site, their bottles dont look anything like exxom mobil 1 bottles anymore at all. WARREN makes their own bottles as they have a in house blow mold for their bottles.

Originally Posted By: kcfx4
Originally Posted By: daman
Yes both i believe are Warren(WPP and WNE)

i dont know about diff areas nor do i know about st full syn, but all others dino/blend its obvious its xom in my area

At one time yes XOM bottled some but unclear now.

Guy's search WNE lots on this..

Don't know who makes it. I do know that I just picked up a qt. of the ST 5w-20 to use for a top-off oil and noticed that it has the GF-5/SN rating.

Hello skunkstevens1, thanks for the reply. I noticed that on the back of the 3 5qt jugs I bought tonight. Warren makes it, just wondering still what WNE means.

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
I see, still curious as to what the heck WNE means.

WNE = Warren Distribution of Omaha NEbraska

In western new york, we always would get the warren bottled supertech product.

I was just at the walmart in Lackawanna, NY and they switched to the same bottle as the Mobil 5000 product.

The bottom of the supertech bottle now says GCC, or GGG, I forget which.

Looks like an XOM product now, but can't be sure unless someone sends it to the lab.

The price of it makes it less competitive, buying mobil 5000 is $1 more.

If this were 7 or 8 dollars a jug, more people would buy it. At 10, it is very close to Motorcraft, Quaker State, and Mobil 5000.

Funny that the new bottle is still SM rated, so is the Mobil 5000.

The only SN oil I could find on the shelf is motorcraft 5w20.

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
Plus currently if you look at WARRENS site, their bottles dont look anything like exxom mobil 1 bottles anymore at all. WARREN makes their own bottles as they have a in house blow mold for their bottles.

I'm not too sure on this, Since I have boxed these bottle up about a month ago.(I work in Mold injection)

I know one thing for sure about the wal marts in pa, the bottle does NOT say either of those things. It says WPP or WNE so where why do you think its EXXON MOBIL? The new bottles also do not at all resemble the new style bottle MOBIL 1 and mobil clean bottles also. I also today bout a hr ago, went to the wal mart near me and found that a 5qt jug is now 9.00$ so I could care less about MOBIL 1 or their prices honestly. At my work; we did use the wal mart SUPER TECH oil a while back without ANY PROBLEMS at all, so I would guess that it IS INDEED SN rated. The quart bottles in PA DO NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE MOBIL CLEAN FYI. It is a decent oil in my book, as changed my car over to it last weekend with a WIX filter, no problems.

Also, the price of super tech at 9$ or 10$ for a 5qt jug makes mobil clean and others look bad in my eyes. I wont pay for decorations, false advertising and b.s. I dont think anyone cares that its SM rated either, as I know of 5 others in my area that use Super Tech oil for a long time; like over 12 yrs without a problem at all with it. I think its a deal also as I honestly cannot seeing other brands of oil jumping up every couple of months while ST oil stays lower. My real dad has two friends that always use the 15w 40 oil in their diesel semis and pickups and they dont have any problems with ST OIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back