Super Tech Oil Filter ST 3614

Was recently able to buy two Bosch 3614 equivalent for $5.04 ea ITD. I think i'll stick with those.

I'm disappointed they're marketing this as a replacement for the 3600, which is twice as long. This implies to me they may be discontinuing that filter and consolidating parts numbers.

looks like an ok filter not thrilled with the pleat spacing at the seam. Filters should be sold and labeled two ways, one meets oe drain intervals.. the second meets the requirements of vehicles with extended drain intervals. **always refer to your owners manual for correct drain and oil change intervals** so cheesy all this mileage printed on packaging same goes for oil labels.

Nice simple packaging.

....I recently picked up (6) of the MP3614 filters on clearance for $3 each.
Unlike topic, MP3614 uses metal end caps and a silicone adbv. Definitely worth $3 (nice score), even worth the ~$6 regular price, imo. Unfortunate if they are being discontinued at WM.

As for 3614 replacing 3600, afaik and in personal use, 3614 has long been the spec size filter for many vehicles. But, as many vehicle manufacturers have been downsizing filters applications, possible some filter makers, filter look ups and/or quick lubes consolidating to the 3614.

Last edited:
I don't like the enlarged center tube cage diameter of the E core design. In the small form filter cans, this design reduces the already marginal filter paper area. Does the media even measure above 100sq in? One could imagine the wide pleat area being torn form the endcap, though there is more 'give' with the glued end cap "doily' (vs. a metal cap) which could reduce stress at the glue joint.

Last edited:
I've used this filter on our Fusion for the last few oil changes (4,000-5,000 miles). I recently picked up (6) of the MP3614 filters on clearance for $3 each.

MPs have been reported as scarce for a while now, but this is the first I’ve heard of an actual clearance. Apparently they are indeed going away. 😮

Back