SUN CHIPS Letdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Rosita's Mexican Restaurant in Scottsbluff eating dinner with the wife and I happened to notice a program they had on a tv hangning in the corner. It was a special on "how they make things" or something like that. First off I watched the guacamole flavored Dorito-like chips being made. They are colored by a Parsley ingredient and their is no actual avocado in the recipe at all. Wow. I don't eat those green guacamole chips anyways. So I don't care. So the wifey and I are talking salsa when one of our favorite chip brands shows up on the same program. Sun Chips.

First they brag about all of the solar collectors they have somewhere. Great they use solar power to power the plant. Or rather they probabaly get a solar credit. So my whole life I'm thinking Sun Chips are dried. Guess what? I watched the chips fall into an oil fryer just like the guacamole chips did.

Never eating Sun Chips again. I looked down at the fried flour tortilla chip in my wife's hand and began to wonder what the [censored] were they thinking. Well the chip in her hand was a restaurant style chips and salsa chip. One of the big fluffy kind they usually serve with guacamole. I mean if you are gonna have fried food. Have good fried food!

I thought all this time Sun Chips were dried in the sun. Well at least I thought this as a kid. I got older and I realized the magnitude of drying that many chips in the sun would be unfathomable. Not to mention bird droppings. SO okay maybe they use solar power to make steam to make electricity to dry the chips in an oven.

Nope they flatass out fry them. I thought they were good for dried chips. Alas they are fried and they dont even taste good for fried. Sun Chips= Deep Fat Fried Impostors

But the bag is environmentally friendly! 33% of the bag is now compostable, and in 2010, the whole bag will go away in a compost heap. So basically, the whole product becomes environmentally sound... you do the work on the chips, and the bag goes away too!

I eat only sun-chips and other lays products because most of their products contain only potatoes, salt and sunflower oil. Not a whole whack of chemicals!

I genuinely like the baked bbq lays flavor. It's aquired - at first I thought they tasted like cardboard. I also thought Sun Chips were baked or something other than fried. That's the last time I eat those. If I eat fried stuff, I try to make it as tasty, salty, and greasy as possible.

Originally Posted By: Crustacean
Lay's Barbecue flavored potato chips, and I don't feel guilty.

Those are my favorites. And yes Green Accord it is an acquired taste. Everytime I go to Subway those are the chips that I grab.

And Pablo I said when I was a little kid I thought they were dried in the sun. I really thought they were baked not fried.

Lays has come out with a new Mrs. Vickies Crinkle-Cut and these are delicious with any kind of dip. mmmmm

mvcc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back